cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach Tools.

Highlighted
Pro

Re: Openreach Tools.

I've used wooden plugs as well with good success. TBH, a lot of the trouble people have with fibre and plastic plugs is they drill the wrong sized hole, and / or use the wrong sized screw in it.

And I'm a sort of belt and braces bloke, If it looks as if it wants an 1 1/2" No 8, I'll use a 2" No 10 if possible. I've not had anything fall off the wall. . . Now what were those horrible multiple crashing sounds I just heard! Shocked

If you've used expanding anchors and the material you're fixing into is decent, you'll have no trouble I reckon.

That's how I'd do it for a big telly. 

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Openreach Tools.

I remember the Hilti cartridge guns ( DX 450 mostly ) at the tool hire shop I worked in as we required Hilti training to service them.

They used to come back from hire 9 times out of 10 with the recoil stop ring inside knackered as the hirer had unnecessarily turned the gun up to max.

We also got a lot of locals bringing in there burnt out DIY spec drill after trying to drill holes in engineering brick.

So you would sell them a brand new Hilti SDS bit of the correct size & hire them a Hilti TE25 in 240 voltage ( a smart move by the boss getting a couple of them in 240 volt ) they would be back very quickly happy they had now managed to drill the holes required.