cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenReach FTTC email enquiry.

Devonian
Grafter

OpenReach FTTC email enquiry.

It seem's they have given up customer service altogether.
I just had the below reply to an email I sent asking for a progress report about enabling my cab for fibre.
Thank you for your contact to us. Please note that we will not be responding to you by email but, would like to point you to the Openreach Superfast Fibre website and the FAQ section that will provide answers to the most commonly asked questions. It will also provide links to those service providers that sell fibre broadband at the moment so you can check if your particular line is enabled.
http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/where-and-when/
4 REPLIES
PowerLee
Rising Star

Re: OpenReach FTTC email enquiry.

Openreach wont deal with jo public.
Unless your an ISP Openreach will just point you to there website which they have done.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

It's never good when one single company has the monopoly on providing a service.
The lack of competition means there is little incentive to improve the service.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Well according to Superfast Dorset I should be getting fibre by Summer  2016
However - from what I know about my cab (it is a satellite cab off another cab about 0.6 miles up the road)  so I assume that  the FTTC cab will be where the present main cab is and it will go down the present wires via the satellite cab
This should give a total wire distance of about a km so speeds of over 20Mbp;s may be possible
Devonian
Grafter

Your's sound like the same set up as mine Oldjim.
My line goes from the exchange, to the cab, then cab to baby cab, then down pole to my home.
About  3/4 mile to a mile of line.
The DSL Checker says:

@Powerlee OpenReach had an email (nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk)  for the general public to make enquires about FTTC roll out.  But it looks like they scraped it!