Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Oops.

Have to say when I first spotted this news of a house collapse in Chelsea I thought swimming pool, basement...oops.

"Err, got a slight problem Guv, are you sitting down"

Just hope somebody was insured, but not sure if being stupid invalidates any policy.

35201972-8908815-image-a-32_1604421439878.jpg

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
7 REPLIES 7
TTman
Seasoned Champion

Re: Oops.

@Minivanman  I read a report that they hadnt started with a basement but were removing internal walls. The hose next door had just been finished with a basement conversion....OH DEAR NEVER MIND...EmbarrassedCrazy

RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 7

Well they should be able to crack on with it now as there's nothing holding the job up.  Grin

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@RobPN 

That's the good news, the bad news.... we are going to need a few more skips. 😆

@TTman 

Seems they are all at it, those with more than a few grand to spare. All digging down becuase they cannot go up. I wonder what the limit is? 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Minivanman wrote:

I wonder what the limit is? 

London Underground, or perhaps they can have their own private station where trains stop by request?

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Wasn't there something similar a year or so ago,

Extending or digging basement probably with the help of Basil's builder O'Reilly.

7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

It's not just eh rich that dig down though. A few years ago there was an old boy who had an obsession with tunnelling. He had tunnelled several different directions out under his house and nobody was any the wiser until the tunnel going under the MAIN ROAD outside his house collapsed!

At that point the authorities got involved and filled in the entire lot that he'd dug out.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2006/aug/08/communities.uknews

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Similar thing.

I remember a water park not far from me being opened. A much younger me used to go there. I don't exactly have an accountany degree, but you don't need one to work out they spent quite a few £'s on that.

Closed permanently a few years later. My sister works for an artecitect company and told me that they were told the ground was sinking before they built it.

That's why in life I don't advice anymore, as I know that people never take advice, but if I did and I worked for my sisters company I (may) have been bothered to say something to the developers.