cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online support chat...

Fixes: 125

Online support chat...

Do/would you use it?
I shied away from them originally but now it's a preferred method of contact for many companies especially when they are either abroad or lines seems busy.
And the bonus is you can save a copy of the text for confirmation of what's been discussed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

6 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Re: Online support chat...

I use it with O2.
Found the support to be rather hit and miss (mainly miss) but it's far more convenient.

I use it for Payoneer (my wife has a card) and they are based in New York, I think. their support is excellent.
And just used it with Seagate to confirm receipt of a HDD sent a few days ago but not yet showing as received on their site. I was told it has been received.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yes, I have used it a couple of times with Scottish & Southern Electricity....  Found it very good, and as you say, can save it and use it against them if needed ! ! !....
I must have been using a very old  browser, because their site does not work with IE9 and I says it only works with up to Firefox 3..
I did contact them by email, to say it was about time they "updated" their system, and the reply was that it would be done "in the near future".... when pressed on this, the guy stated that he agreed it should have been done before now, but expected it "might" be done by the end of the year.! !   Roll eyes
Not very good for the customer point of view........ Undecided
kdoug007
Grafter

i    bought a  key  board,  and  chatted   to the  on line      consultant....
  the  wedding  is now  next week!! Grin

Quote from: shutter
I must have been using a very old  browser, because their site does not work with IE9 and I says it only works with up to Firefox 3..

Seagate posted a message to say that their chat is only available in Chrome, IE and Opera - FF not supported at all. I thought I'd have to enter all my details and that of the HDD again but tried copy/paste the URL into IE and it went straight into the chat.

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

I prefer this method to actully chatting over the phone Smiley
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970