cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One quote direct any good ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

One quote direct any good ?

Anybody used One quote direct before? I'm torn between One quote direct and LV= because as normal my last company has over inflated the price. Roll eyes
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: One quote direct any good ?

I have used LV for the last few years for car and property  and the prices haven't changed much - in fact the car one reduced slightly
Community Veteran

This is how i thought it was supposed to work Oldjim, is that because you have other insurance do you think ?
fyi, mine has doubled, no crashes etc, just a normal renew situation.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I was with Direct Line and that is what they did - massive increase I mean - so I moved sharpish
Community Veteran

lol i don't blame you for moving on, i do like the look of LV even though it is slightly more expensive, I think the their Voluntary excess works out cheaper though by about £120 over one quote!
I did mean Compulsory excess £120
Fixes: 125

The subject of insurance renewals come up regularly here. In fact I have just taken out further contents insurance.
My renewal quote was over £230 which was around double last year's. Not too keen on the comparison sites as they don't always give like-for-like so even more work needed to be done but they can be a starting point.
Eventually I tried Hastings Direct (I hold my car insurance with them) and the quote was around £110 with a £50 cashback offer which I should get after holding the policy for 70 days but before 90 days is up. Result! Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Oddly enough what Oldjim said was exactly what happened to me, direct line whacked my premium up by more than a hundred pounds following a change of car, switched to LV who gave me a quote £130 lower than direct line,  have been with them for 2 years with a slight reduction in my premium last year.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Mav
The subject of insurance renewals come up regularly here. In fact I have just taken out further contents insurance.
My renewal quote was over £230 which was around double last year's. Not too keen on the comparison sites as they don't always give like-for-like so even more work needed to be done but they can be a starting point.
Eventually I tried Hastings Direct (I hold my car insurance with them) and the quote was around £110 with a £50 cashback offer which I should get after holding the policy for 70 days but before 90 days is up. Result! Cool
Mav,
Can you give me more details about the cash back offer for house instrance that you mentioned.
Thanks.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Mav

110 Quid, i wish, mind u i do have an SP30, yes just the one  Smiley
Fixes: 125

Attached is a screenshot I took.
Edit: Just re-read your last post...
The £110 was for my contents insurance and not car.
My car renewal is not due for almost 6 months so no idea whether they have a cashback offer for that.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

I have my car insured with Aviva.  My renewal premium was quoted at £419.  I phoned them and after talking to them I got a better price of £366 Smiley
Community Veteran

@Mav my bad, i was multitasking with the vacume at the time  Smiley However, after reading the reply from artmo i called my old insurance again, this time when i bluntly told them i was jumping ship! They came up with a price 30 quid lower than the best quote i've had in the last 7 days, which came out at £215.95p Happy Days...