cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of those "small world" moments

Community Veteran

One of those "small world" moments

A couple of days ago I had a panicky email from a customer of mine - his domain name had expired and he couldn't work out how to renew it.
I tried contacting his registrar but no answer on the phone, I tried a couple of other options - no luck.
He logged on and paid by credit card for the renewal - it was rejected for no reason. He's been trying to get hold of them for the past couple of days now but their 0845 phone number seems to have been cut off.
I did a bit of investigation and went round and round in circles - finally compiled a list of sites and companies used by the same business - then I noticed the IP address of the name servers for one of their websites looked a bit familiar - it was 80.229.22.xxx, mine is 80.229.27.xxx - turns out they are a Plusnet customer .......
Small world eh - only a couple of thousand IP addresses away from my own.
Now fun and games over, just have to work out how to get this flaming domain renewed !
2 REPLIES
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: One of those "small world" moments

Get in tuch with Nominet
Community Veteran

Re: One of those "small world" moments

Indeed - although it appears this company is a one man band and he could just be on holiday .......
I'll be calling my own registrar this morning to see if they can do a transfer - if not then its a call to Nominet Sad