cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One of life's great mysteries!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

One of life's great mysteries!!

Why? does my local supermarket never have any ice-cream for sale because their freezer's have broken down during the summer, but in winter they are always fully stocked with every fancy flavour available...
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
47 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: One of life's great mysteries!!

I didn't know you used the same supermarket as I do Wink Wink
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I wanted some Cornish Clotted Cream, - sorry dont stock it this time of year
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

The manufacturers get more dosh for their product selling it to the grockles at the seaside this time of year.
Community Veteran

Indeed you are probably right nozzer, but this doesn't account for the annual break-down of freezers in supermarkets. Unless you are implying a conspiracy theory that, ice-cream makers collude with supermarket chains to sabotage their freezers, so they don't have to spread their meager resources too much...I think we should be told...

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

The freezers are running 24/7 and with the additional strain put on them during hot weather I wonder if this is the problem.  I never see freezers undergoing routine servicing but engineers are present when a breakdown occurs.  Maybe they don't have regular maintenance and only get attention if they break down Undecided
johpal
Grafter

The freezers are running 24/7 and with the additional strain put on them during hot weather

Doesn't everybody's?
scootie
Grafter

i would say no to that johpal but having four kids are fridge/freezer is opened more times a day than the busiest tesco store freezer.
saying that are fridge has a ice wall on the back that keeps trying to hold on to all the food as it grows  Angry .
my youngest daughter 3 loves the freezers at supermarkets as she makes it her job to open and slam every door as we go by  Roll eyes
reserved
Grafter

Quote from: Asbo
my youngest daughter 3 loves the freezers at supermarkets as she makes it her job to open and slam every door as we go by  Roll eyes

Perhaps that's why they break down  Undecided
Community Veteran

Petlew, your original post must have had a subliminal message in it.  When I went to Sainsbury's this afternoon I immediately thought 'Ice Cream' Tongue.  I went to the freezer cabinets and they were empty Sad  Plenty of lollies on sticks and frozen choc bars but no good old fashioned ice cream Sad
jmd
Grafter

My local Tesco had plenty of icecream in the freezers when I went this morning.  Pity I did not want any!
scootie
Grafter

my fav's  lolly=twister, true ice cream= 99'er mr whippy
Community Veteran

I love Ben & Gerry's Cherry Garcia Tongue Tongue  It's not cheap but a great taste.
When I'm not in an extravagant mood it's Strawberry Ripple Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: jmdlp
My local Tesco had plenty of icecream in the freezers when I went this morning.  Pity I did not want any!

Ah! I'll have a Walls soft scoop raspberry ripple please...er! not that low-fat stuff though.

scootie
Grafter

childhood fav = screw ball