cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One for the anti-royalists

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

One for the anti-royalists

It is an offence to publish in writing any proposal advocating the abolishment of  the Monarchy in the UK..
This law states that legally, it’s an offence to attempt to remove the Sovereign from the throne or even to advocate doing this. The full text being, “it is an offence to deprive or depose the Queen from her established constitutional position – and to publish any writing or printing advocating such change”. This law was introduced in 1848 at the height of rebellion from the Chartists and Irish radicals. The offence is punishable by up to life imprisonment.
Apparently this law is still in force.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: One for the anti-royalists

But clearly not enforced as Tony Blair once claimed he wanted rid of the monarchy before he came to power  Crazy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 47

I hereby duly retract any written word made by myself concerning the Monarchy which may be construed as treasonable Undecided
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Off with his head Grin Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

lol
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: AlaricAdair
It is an offence to publish in writing any proposal advocating the abolishment of  the Monarchy in the UK..
This law states that legally, it’s an offence to attempt to remove the Sovereign from the throne or even to advocate doing this. The full text being, “it is an offence to deprive or depose the Queen from her established constitutional position – and to publish any writing or printing advocating such change”. This law was introduced in 1848 at the height of rebellion from the Chartists and Irish radicals. The offence is punishable by up to life imprisonment.
Apparently this law is still in force.

Evidently it only applies to a female monarch. So as soon as Charlie is on the throne, that's when we act. OK? Wink