Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One for shutter?

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

One for shutter?

In this video clip a Lynx Mk.80 of the Royal Danish Navy attempts to land on the offshore patrol vessel Ejnar Mikkelson (P571).
This patrol vessel weighs in at 1720 tons, which is relatively light compared to frigates and destroyers, and thus it is quite lively in the rough North Sea waters.
The patrol vessel is of the Knud Rasmussen Class and has been in service with the Danish Navy since 2009.
The Lynx is the export version of the Royal Navy HAS.3 and regularly operates in the harsh conditions of the North Sea and the pilot, Well what can one say about him? One thing is sure, he definitely has Viking blood in his veins!
He takes a while, but when he finally puts her down, note the excellent placement of the helicopter in its designated landing area after touchdown.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: One for shutter?

Well done that man...... must have been a bit scary ... especially as he could not see the deck, nor the flag man "guiding" him in, until he was almost on the deck.....
Helo Man would also appreciate this vid !...
(Certainly would not have enjoyed being at sea in that boat !... Unless I was on the bridge ! )
Fixes: 104

that was scary stuff.. rather be in the boat than the helicopter!
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

I would need good strong ankle elastics on my long johns.
Community Veteran

Bloody brilliant!  Cool
Geoff,
York.
Heloman
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
Helo Man would also appreciate this vid !...

Indeed I did!
I did dozens of small ship deck landings, by day and night, but never with such extreme deck movement as that.
Full marks to the guy  Cool
Fixes: 124

I'm neither a pilot nor a sailor but I certainly understand the skill and discipline involved.
Great video, thanks.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still