cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One for Petlew ! ! !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

One for Petlew ! ! !

I am sure they could get a couple more passengers on ........

-z1gdb_y0
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: One for Petlew ! ! !

Looks to me if there's some crowding round the exit door, there seemed to be room for more towards the centre of the bus.
I'd like to see the drivers licence <if he's got one that is>
The tyre was Ok, is was only flat at the bottom.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Fixes: 125

Reminds me of early morning journeys into London on the train back in the early '80s. My station was usually the last stop before London Bridge so just about everyone who needed to be on was. No room left at all and the only way to close the slam doors was for the guard to go along the train pushing on the backside of the last person in then just slamming the door behind them. I frequently wondered what would happen if the locks failed. Never know one to do so.
A question for 7up - did those locks ever fail?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 47

It was good of the driver to lower the suspension for the older passengers to board easily.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Fool! doesn't he realise just how far behind operating the disabled features can put you behind the timetable, just tell'm sorry its u/s now, but it was working for the walk-round checks earlier. Do a lot of damage to the bus to drive it in lowered position.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Mav
A question for 7up - did those locks ever fail?

Not that I know of! These new plastic looking trains and their computerised doors have done on several times though - luckily only when shut (IE refusing to open when they should). I'm sure it's only a matter of time before their computers have a glitch and someone gets killed though..
As for the slammers.. those were the days..

I'll admit I like the fancy LED displays on the new plastics so you know where you are and what station is next etc but they're just not the same as the slammers.
Sadly this is the fate of many of them after 40 long years of loyal service (I doubt the plastics will survive that long):

I remember riding loads of these as a kid in the 80s and 90s and loved these things. Sure they got a bit scruffy but when NSE first came about I really thought they had the 'wow' factor lol.
Far superior to the plastics..
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

This is rediculous..... I start a thread about buses..... and it goes off the rails !...  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Blame Mav  Tongue
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
This is rediculous..... I start a thread about buses..... and it goes off the rails !...  Roll eyes

Buses without tyres = Trams on Track so not to dis-similar to trains  Cheesy Wink
On a serious note I am just slowly in my ancient time of life, getting used to the great western sense of humour  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Quote from: TORPC
great western

Cheesy Grin
Community Veteran

Ridiculous!  Angry
Geoff,
York.
TORPC
Grafter

Looks like the wannabe teachers & spelling police are out again!!!!!
Quote from: TORPC
OMG!!!
Yet another spell police, spellaholic  Wink
Just because someone spells any word(s) incorrectly does not constitute a non teacher, professor, to think they can correct it at any 1 time
I have seen more than enough of that with many a forum 
What the minority keeps forgetting is that there could be several reasons for a mis-spelt word or 2
They could be
Dyslexic
Hard of sight
Lack of education (not necessarily their own fault)
Spellchecker set to default (English US)
In a rush cos real life takes over

and much much more

Including tiredness
Fixes: 47

If I went on a spelling and grammar hunt on this forum I'd never get any sleep Angry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

Quote from: NedLudd

Ridiculous!  Angry

Like I sed...... RE dic you luss  Cheesy