cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One day to go...

Fixes: 125

One day to go...

Becoming quite the event.
Anyone else watch An Adventure in Space and Time last night? I thought it was quite well made after a slowish start.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: One day to go...

My wife has invited some work colleagues over for dinner so I'm going to miss it  Grin
randpwar
Grafter

Presumably you'll record it and watch it later? In which case you’ll have to do the same as I had to for the autumn internationals and avoid hearing the result before watching it.
Did the Doctors win?
Community Veteran

It's set to record and I've just realised the television itself will record to a USB stick in HD so all is not lost !
Fixes: 125

Didn't want to start yet another Dr Who thread so thought I'd post this here....
A further seven missing episodes have been found and restored after a fan recorded them using a cine...
The BBC is preparing to air seven lost Dr Who episodes after a fan revealed he recorded them in 1964.
The series was thought to have been lost forever but a cine camera-owning fan had captured them when they were first aired in the 60s and they were restored by BBC Worldwide.
Although the camera didn't record the sound, staff at the BBC have been painstakingly adding the audio to the fan's films so they can be shown next month.

The source added: 'They are silent but the fan did it in a very professional way. Audio was kept so the Beeb had to match it all up. It's been painstaking.'

What's not clear is whether the Beeb had kept the audio or the fan recorded the audio separately but I suspect the former.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Infinity
Pro
Fixes: 2

I'm recording a lot of the Doctor Who programmes and Features, but I feel it will be a bit like Christmas TV recordings, unless I watch them in the next day or two, I won't watch many.
Apart from tonights' Special of course.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25009889?ocid=socialflow_twitter_bbcnews
(just one of many webpages)
Live Twitter feed
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23DoctorWho&src=hash

And it's just that bit extra Special for myself, having worked on many Doctor Who episodes in the past.
RichAllen
Grafter

I've brought several Dr Who DVDs from home, such as State of Decay with Tom Baker, Trial of a Time Lord with Colin Baker and Remembrance of the Daleks with Sylvester McCoy.
There's never anything on TV on Sunday so I'll spend the day watching DVDs.
Infinity
Pro

TARDIS...
I have my Four TARDIS's set up.
Television And Radio Digital Integration Systems
(or PVR's for short)

UPDATE:
And they all recorded OK !

I actually watched the recorded "An Adventure in Space and Time" during tonights' Transmission, all about how Doctor Who was commissioned and actioned..
Scarily, I knew and worked with the leading characters, Verity & Waris many times  (1970's and 1980's).
A real trip down memory lane, and some really superb shots of Television Centre.
Back in the days when you could park your car at T.C.

Tomorrow, Sunday is Doctor Who catch up day.

I hope you all enjoyed tonights' Special Episode, and it also brought back many Happy ( and Scary ! ) memories for you all.
Infinity
Pro

Well....... what a total let-down.
After all the hype, I thought it was the biggest pile of infantile Poo I've seen in a long time.
Only glad I recorded it, fast forwarded through most of it, and just had a massive delete session.