Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the street where you live.......

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

On the street where you live.......

A pic for V.E. Day from the street where I live....

P1090587ve day.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: On the street where you live.......

Looks like one of the flags is upside down, it's the thought and effort that counts.

Hope everyone has a good day where possible..........

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I would take a pic of the street here, but the neighbour's kids are out in their paddling pool, and it's somewhat inappropriate to be taking pics of peoples' kids these days...

Besides, it's looking pretty unpatriotic here anyway... 😂

Highlighted
Pro

No shortage of flage where I live in Cheshire. No shortage of people either. It is an open plan estate, quite old, and people are having breakfast outside daily to chat with each other.  Not sure the government have called this right with mass national lockdown and a wrecked economy. Even got bread flour in Waitrose yesterday!

Back to VE day.  The BBC have been running  a series Britain's Greatest Generation. Well worth a watch to see just how people lived (and died) in those days. Also do not underestimate the contribution women made too to keep the show on the road.

Sadly, I reckon we may have won the war but lost the peace. Count the German and Japanese cars in your road and try not to remember when a "dollar" was five bob. Hey ho.......

Highlighted
Pro

VE_Day4.jpg

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@TeeGee wrote:

Sadly, I reckon we may have won the war but lost the peace. Count the German and Japanese cars in your road and try not to remember when a "dollar" was five bob. Hey ho.......

In order to succeed, first you must lose a war...

After all, take away the German & Japanese militaries, and they had a surplus of money to invest in manufacturing, whereas the "winners", high war debts, long term austerity, living hand-to-mouth, all to maintain "peace"...

Oh well, onwards to the future I guess... 🤔