Re: On the Lighter Side
Where you getting all these from?
I got one too, someone sent me this morning, but Ive emailed to
ask permission to post it cause I dont know who wrote it, so will
have to wait for that.
Re: On the Lighter Side
I was just reading up as to why its called `a hung parliament`
Someone on yahoo answers provided this :
the term hung parliament comes from "hung jury" where the jury can't
make a majority decision and the judge then overrides the decision and calls
for a retrial.
Someone say `trial`?
Good - cause now we can get to the humour (attachment)
Re: On the Lighter Side
As promised (in an earlier post) some Election humour.
Abit lengthy but I thought it was really funny....
4. And the Lord said unto Cameron, go thee to the Temple of Westminster in the town of London and get rid of Gordon the Beast and his disciples for they have caused great harm to this nation and to these peoples.
5. And Cameron rode by donkey with his disciples and his scribes unto London and entered into the Temple of Westminster and said unto Gordon the Beast; Be gone with thee, thou has taxed all the peoples to pay for your wars in foreign lands and now you must go.
6. But one of Gordon the Beast’s disciples, Peter, Prince of Darkness, spoke to the Pharisee scribes who were against the people and loyal to Gordon and his evil and corrupt ways, and the Pharisee scribes said unto Cameron; We have counted your disciples and your scribes and though the number of them is greater than our disciples and scribes, it is not enough as it is writ in the Book of the Laws here.
7. Be gone with you Cameron back whence you came and leave us in peace.
8. Cameron left the Temple of Westminster and there was great sadness throughout the crowd as the peoples wished to see Gordon the Beast removed and banished.
9. And Cameron went to speak to the Lord and told the Lord of what had happened and Cameron was extremely sad. The Lord said unto him, go thee to the nearby village and speak thee to Clegg and ask Clegg to go with you again to the Temple of Westminster with his disciples.
10. So Cameron went to speak to Clegg and they spoke for two days and two nights and after that they both rode with their disciples and their scribes to the Temple of Westminster in the town of London and once again Cameron spoke to Gordon the Beast.
11. Go, be done with you and leave this place for you have wasted much money on your foreign wars and have taxed the people greatly so that they are all undone and ye have been paying from the money chest to the coffers of the nation of Brussels and that has angered the people who know that the allegiance of Peter, Prince of Darkness lies in the bosom of the kingdom of Brussels but now also with you it is the same.
12. The evil disciples and wicked Pharisees who were with Gordon the Beast counted up all the disciples and scribes and checked again in the Books of the Law and could not tell any lies as the Levite scribes were also in attendance and they were honest to the Books of the Laws.
13. And so it came to pass that Gordon the Beast and his wicked and evil disciples left the Temple of Westminster and the crowds outside shouted and booed them and threw stones and rocks at them and Peter, the Prince of Darkness, escaped through a rear door fearful as he was for his life at the hands of the crowds.
14. Cameron and Clegg asked to see the books and records of all taxes and monies of the kingdom and lo, they were saddened as the coffers were empty and all monies had gone.
15. That evening, Cameron and Clegg came out on to the steps of the Temple of Westminster and told the assembled crowd that Gordon the Beast, Peter the Prince of Darkness and all their disciples and scribes had gone and that they, Cameron and Clegg had taken over and the crowed were exceedingly joyous with laughter and dancing.
16. But Cameron spoke to the crowd saying that things were not good in the land and in the nation as Gordon the Beast and his tribe had done terrible things since 1997, they had engaged in wars in foreign lands without the support of the people and through lies and deceptions did they embark on these. They had trampled on and destroyed all that was great and decent in the land and they had erected and worshipped many false idols and gods in the land and that it would need much hard work and much hardship to mend the broken nation and that now, the people would still have to be taxed as in the past in order to replenish the coffers and to mend the nation.
17. And one of the people from the assembled crowd approached Cameron and Clegg and said unto them; We understand full well that great hardship will be upon us because of the bad and wicked things which Gordon the Beast and his people have done for so many years and for Peter, Prince of Darkness, one of Gordon’s closest disciples whose loyalty and allegiance was to the foreign nation of Brussels instead of our own nation, and we are prepared to make sacrifices and work hard and we will support you both in the harsh times ahead.
Gospel of the Second Coming, 6: 4 - 17
(With apologies to Freke and Gandy).