Grafter

On and On the Gravy train rolls

http://express.co.uk/posts/view/232505.

this is beyond the farcical stages now.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: On and On the Gravy train rolls

Well Germany is opening up too and I know I'd prefer to go there if it were me due to their economy being in a far better condition than ours.
Our country has hit the wall. We're in the shit and there's pretty much nothing we can do about it. The United Kingdom is now a crumbling remains.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
bluewhale
Rising Star

what we get when engineers and techs are sneered at and having lawyers/pr/shop keepers in charge for decades...
dick:quote
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

True.
We need to keep out of other countries business and concentrate on getting our own house in order
Community Veteran

This isn't news - it was covered when these countries first joined the EU 5 years ago. At that time we, like other countries, put restrictions in place to prevent an inundation of people from eastern Europe.  That 5 year derogation has come to an end.  The right wing press said at the time that we would have millions coming over claiming all sorts of things (even with with the restrictions) This is their latest scare mongering.  the word from the people who actually know is that in order to claim benefits, someone would have to show that they had an intention to settle here (usually by having worked here for a year).
The figures they have come up with have been plucked from fresh air.  Yes I expect it's possible to show that someone on benefits could possibly claim as much as £250 a week, when all the benefits are included (we have thousands of home grown layabouts who haven't worked a day in their lives and probably claim more than that!), but who came up with the number of people waiting poised at the border ready to come over here (I understood that migration was actually going the other way at the moment) Simple - it sounds like a good scary number (i.e. they made it up)
John