cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Olympic Sports Kit colour scheme

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Olympic Sports Kit colour scheme

I`m not particularly interested in the Olympics, however, on the news just now, they were showing off the Olympic Sports kit colour scheme.....
apparently it has taken two years  Roll eyes  to design and produce......
erm... what colours are the Union Flag made up with?    Embarrassed
Looks like the designers need to have another look ..........  Cry
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=uk+olympic+team&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=642&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=7WhZWeo...
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Olympic Sports Kit colour scheme

I saw the kit on the TV last night.  I thought it was good and according to the athletes it is very practical.  It was designed by Stella McCartney. Some people thought it contained too much blue.
Uniforms
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

And Jessica Ennis looks rather good in it as well!!!  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

The point I was trying to make was about the COLOUR scheme..... not about fit to wear practicability.....
the Aussies will be dressed in green and yellow (gold).... the Germans in black yellow and red  according to their national flag colours... even the yanks will have stars and stripes in red white and blue all over themselves..!... so the UK, goes completely incognito ..... by wearing a mis coloured, (over washed) set of kit, that , although has the design of the crosses, will easily fade into the background when we don`t win anything...... and won`t "shout out" UK or BRITAIN when IF  we do win..... unless someone has a Union Flags to give out to the winning competitor.
Fixes: 105

i think it's awful, poor design and poor colour scheme.
Will Moderate For Thanks
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the only thing wrong with the colours is the black, which replaces the English red

Fixes: 105

looks more like British Airways, some of it you wouldn't have a clue if it didn't have GB on it. I always thought the big red cross in the middle was err.. well red and not blue?
Will Moderate For Thanks
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
The point I was trying to make was about the COLOUR scheme..... not about fit to wear practicability.....
the Aussies will be dressed in green and yellow (gold).... the Germans in black yellow and red   according to their national flag colours... even the yanks will have stars and stripes in red white and blue all over themselves..!... so the UK, goes completely incognito .....

So our flag is Red, White and Blue. So what other countries use these colours? Our near neighbours of France and the Netherlands. Have you not watch sports and could not tell whether you are watching a French or UK athlete. I know that I have. So having a part or the Union flag in the design is a good thing even with the change in the colour scheme, I would say that the Union Flag and the Stars and Strips are the most recognisable flags. 
Fixes: 47

Quote from: dvorak
looks more like British Airways

That was exactly the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the picture Grin
Jessica Ennis could make a potato sack look great.
Agreed
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
itsme
Grafter

and the USA village wear. Does it hit you it's the USA?
Community Veteran

Hope we have a good landing.  Doors to manual Wink Wink
annerimmington
Grafter

And who foots the bill for her designing these "creations" ?    The British taxpayer at the end of the day.    Stella McCartney designs are hugely expensive - surely The Olympic Committee could have gone for young up and coming designers - saved a fortune and would probably have come up with a lot better designs than hers.    Methinks she is confusing the England and Scottish flags - awful designs Roll eyes
itsme
Grafter

Be very surprised it cost the tax payer a penny. Sponsorship is a word that springs to mind.
November 28 - Adidas have extended their sponsorship deal of the British Olympic Association (BOA) beyond London 2012 until Rio 2016, continuation of a partnership that started in 1983.
The new deal includes a sponsorship and a licensing deal under which adidas will receive marketing rights to Team GB.
In return the German sportswear manufacturer will provide the BOA with all of its sportswear requirements, including all competition and leisure wear for every athlete and team official participating at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi as well as Rio.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Whatever you think of the designs (and I'm ambivalent about them) it won't do any damage to Stella McCartney's reputation in the designing world. Where worldwide fame is far more important than what they actually produce.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Quote from: Petlew
it won't do any damage to Stella McCartney's reputation in the designing world. Where worldwide fame is far more important than what they actually produce.

it will if you read the comments on the linky I put up initially......
Yes, Red white and blue are colours used by quite a few countries.... and our Union Flag, has those incorporated in them, to reflect the UNION of our seperate countries  ( in the same way as the United States flag).... so if she who thinks she knows best, decided to use the design of the Union Flag , then surely she should also have the intelligence to have used it properly and  to realise that "worldwide" our Union Flag, is still the most recognised flag.
Changing the colurs should be considered a flagrant mark of disrespect to all those who feel proud to be british ( and I am sure that I can include the Olympic team (s) in that).
It should also be a "treasonable offence"....