Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Olive branch

alanj
Aspiring Pro

Olive branch

Welcome back everyone.

For those who haven’t seen my post here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Global-Banning-of-all-customers-on-General-Cha... I would like to apologise for being rather too confrontational in my posts on this board. I am sorry for any offence I caused.

I hope we can all move forward accepting that we all have different views and opinions, many of which are very strongly held, without any more personal fallings out.

4 REPLIES
Mayfly
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Olive branch

Thanks for that. Lets hope we can all move on any enjoy CC as we used to.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I think we have ALL been there at some stage, even the Mods. None of us are 100% on form all day every day and letting off steam puts us back on track. I'm not defending anyone, merely stating a fact. Bye the way...who nicked the olives off that branch? wifey likes a few now and again.  Thumbs Up

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Luzern
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

"Let him, who is without sin, cast the first stone". Whatever our view on the writer, that in the back of our minds would reduce the incidence of nastiness. Perhaps it may be better not to post an angry or controversial item straight to forum, but to something like Word. Lastly, the demise of 'one', which is impersonal, by 'you' has brought with it the need for more care not to make posts accusatory. 

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jonpe
All Star
Fixes: 3

One is perfectly accepable; it is - as you suggest - the indefinite pronoun.  For some reason it's seen by some as somehow belonging solely to the royals; let them keep their royal we, and the rest of us can share the one with them.