cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oldjim

Community Veteran

Oldjim

After a short debate with the rest of the moderating team, It has been agreed that Jim should formally become a Moderating Administrator for the Community Forums.
Jim has without any doubt given a good strong performance during his probationary period and dealt with the role with absolute integrity and resolve.
It is with pleasure that I am able to announce that Jim has agreed to take on the status, and has been made effective immediately.
Please join me in congratulating Jim in his success.

Chemical Brother.
On behalf of the Community Forum Moderating Team
38 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Oldjim

Congratulations Oldjim, well deserved
Now please stop picking on me  Roll eyes
Fixes: 104

Yep congratulations Oldjim  Smiley
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Thanks to all the other moderators for their support and to the Plusnet staff for not getting too upset when I bothered them.
Finally I really appreciate the posters among you who forgave my occasional error.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

OK Jim you can sit back and relax now
Community Veteran

Well done Oldjim though, err, could someone please explain what this 'mods with admiin permissions' rank and 'moderating administrator' title is precisely? As everyone else seems to be just a normal 'forum moderator'... or is it the idea that all current mods are now moderating administrators and the ranks etc. just haven't been updated yet? Either way, some explanation would be appreciated as there's clearly some kind of change going on in the way the forums are moderated... and so far, whilst there's been plenty of debate, no-one's actually said 'right, this is what we're going to do'.
Community Veteran

Interesting question I haven't a clue really except I now seem to have the required permissions to really muck up the forum software and layout  Shocked
Community Veteran

Sorry - that was my mistake - in upgrading Jim to have full access, I set his permissions in the wrong primary group.
Jim is no different in status to myself, Barry or Assos.

Edit; to add: Old habits die hard - Moderating Administrator is something I still use from the old phpBB days..
Community Veteran

To err is human to forgive is divine.
Congrats Jim, Illegitimi non carborundum.
Fixes: 47

Well deserved Oldjim Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

@ Chilly - you wouldn't be posting that Latin phrase in English if it was translated would you?
10 minutes in the penalty box Penguin. :mand:
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I will let you chose your new Avatare Jim

Community Veteran

I like this one
Community Veteran

Quote from: Chemical
Sorry - that was my mistake - in upgrading Jim to have full access, I set his permissions in the wrong primary group.

No problem, all makes sense now, thanks for explaining. Was just a bit worried that some major change had taken place and you'd forgotten to tell the users!
Community Veteran

Congrats Jim Smiley
B.