Grafter

Re: @Oldjim

I see you PM
And I fail to see why you could not of put all the contents in public
&
I Raise it for impartial moderation to review
Before any amendments are made in any way shape or form
There is now a thread (NOT STARTED by me) to question the signature ruling
and I await the end result before I make any change to my signature if deemed necessary
Note:
I am not saying I will not change it
Btw
Why a FINAL WARNING before an (immediate ban)
What ever happened to
1st
2nd
3rd
Warnings ?Huh
Also what happened to
I must advise, that you are in breach of (Content of PM not added) .
When instead you threaten with an immediate ban
Community Veteran

Re: @Oldjim Ref: Signature ruling contradiction

Just an observation TORPC but you seem to go out of your way to create issues and confrontations - the slightest thing seems to set you off and you want everyone to run around after you giving you answers (the thread about your £1.01 which I haven't seen a final resolution to is a good example).
Sometimes it's just good to chill a little Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I'm curious about whats wrong with TORPCs sig as I'd not noticed anything bad about it unless its breaking the size thing? - I know I got rumbled there a year or two back lol
As for DomS's point about TOR going out of his way to create issues.. thats a matter of opinion. While I do find TORPC uses the rolleyes a bit too much (frequently at myself I may add) I find that generally he appears to be a fairly positive contributor to the forum. I don't recall seeing any of TORPCs posts triggering the swear filter etc.
The rolleyes.. thats the only fault I could think of.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

@DomS
Not to be creating issues or confrontation(s)
And to bring you up to speed
I am not the one that is being contradictory
Therefore I am am well within my rights, to speak the truth, also I have the proof in PM's as my back up
Btw
Referring to the thread that is not finalized that you are pointing out
I am still awaiting a reply before that thread can be finalized
Quote from: TORPC
I am awaiting a response from my bank as I have asked then to recheck, what I was told when I phoned them originally.

I was also following my banks advice when they said
In that case you will leave me no option to follow my banks advice, as noted above

<snip>
He also said that if PlusNet is not going to investigate this issue to prevent it happening to myself & now clearly other(s) then I must, step 1 I inform Trading Standards, step 2 Inform my banks fraud team, which will then prosecute if they deem it fit to do so.

Therefore until they get back to me I am unable to know what the outcome of their findings will be
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers 7up
A perfect example of constructive criticism
I will try not to post as many roll eyes Smiley , Even though I use them only in jest, & most certainly do not mean to offend anyone.
I do not see the fun in the forum that I seen when I 1st joined up
What has gone wrong ?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: 7up
I'm curious about whats wrong with TORPCs sig as I'd not noticed anything bad about it unless its breaking the size thing? - I know I got rumbled there a year or two back lol

See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,124263.0.html
It's too high and the images are too big.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: @Oldjim

Why a FINAL WARNING before an (immediate ban)

The moderator posting you a link to
[quote=http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_personal]Posting of Personal Details
Without the express permission of the user these are not to be posted on the forums. This includes the content of pm's (personal forum messages) or emails received from other users, moderators or staff.
and you reply by quoting a PM would be sufficient cause for an immediate ban, never mind a final warning!
You really do need to be less confrontational and chill as suggested by DomS. You have much to contribute to these forums.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
I find that generally he appears to be a fairly positive contributor to the forum
<Snipped>

Likewise - generally he's a good part of the community.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to slate anyone but I do see the complaining posts such as "Can our Government get any worse ?" and "So far I have noticed by PN staff" and "PlusNet needs to read the Customer Release Notes for their prefered router" as being slightly confrontational  Grin
It could have been that the moderator who "approved" your signature wasn't quite as observant (or technically minded) as the member who complained about it.
Anyway - time for food, alcohol and iptable debugging - can't beat arguing with Linux after a couple of beers :p
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: DomS
Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to slate anyone but I do see the complaining posts such as "Can our Government get any worse ?" and "So far I have noticed by PN staff" and "PlusNet needs to read the Customer Release Notes for their prefered router" as being slightly confrontational  Grin

Yeah but many of us here post things like that. It doesn't make us bad! Sheesh if you think TORPC is confrontational you've had a sheltered life.
I wasn't aware of any personal details being posted so any warning over that I see as being fair but being pounced on for the bandwidth images.. well he's not the only member I've seen using them in his sig over the years and i do think that an exception should be allowed for those considering this is a ISP forum!
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
TORPC
Grafter

Likewise - generally he's a good part of the community.
It could have been that the moderator who "approved" your signature wasn't quite as observant (or technically minded) as the member who complained about it.

Not a confrontational question, just curious
How do you know it wasn't an eagle eyed mod that spotted it rather that it being reported by a member ??
F.Y.I
& again not being confrontational
The posts in relation to PN
Were my observations & also noticed by other members alike (I am sure if PN took offense then I would of been advised by now)
The Government related post is currently in the news (Not complaining, just informing)
Community Veteran

If the Labour government were in power then I'd side with you 100% on that post - I don't consider them to be part of the Government until they are in power though.
It could have been an eagle eyed mod that spotted it but I saw the other post about it mentioning the slightly larger than allowed signature with a line of text underneath it  Grin
Anyway - enough of the arguing and more of the solutions - not sure if you can split the signature into three columns (HTML / BB Coding isn't my strong point  Grin) and possibly have a speed test then  signature + 3db  in the middle then the other speedtest thingy ? A bit like Jelv's signature and it would probably look a bit tidier than the one you have at the moment Smiley
TORPC
Grafter

If the Labour government were in power then I'd side with you 100% on that post - I don't consider them to be part of the Government until they are in power though.
<snip>
Anyway - enough of the arguing and more of the solutions - not sure if you can split the signature into three columns (HTML / BB Coding isn't my strong point  Grin) and possibly have a speed test then  signature + 3db  in the middle then the other speedtest thingy ? A bit like Jelv's signature and it would probably look a bit tidier than the one you have at the moment Smiley

They were in government when I was knee high to a grasshopper (ok ok I aint that much taller now  Tongue), therefore they were to set the standards of any following government, also I have suffered abuse when I was a kid & (need to see those that were in charge at the time punished to the highest extent of the law possible)
Water under bridge Smiley
Good idea, you may see me experimenting when the final decision is in Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

I just turned off display of signatures since they started getting full of tbb graphs and speedtest high scores. I don't want to see a speedtest score on every post.