Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old subject - changing electricity suppliers

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: Old subject - changing electricity suppliers

Yeah.

Mine is gas oven and everything else electric.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Clearly, the more one uses the more beneficial the standing - low unit charge is beneficial, As to incorrect  figures from comparison sites, I always check the suppliers' sites too. I make calcs +/1 10% of estimated use sometimes. 

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

I managed to get a better deal @  https://octopus.energy

Highlighted
Fixes: 413

@St3 Their quote has matched the best I had so far but with no exit fees.

Have a had a few problems with their website in that every page asked me if I want to accept cookies and some pages crashed but that may have been a Firefox issue. Their FAQ isn't that helpful and I couldn't find any related T&C link as all it mentioned is that 'in most cases' there would not be any exit fees but nothing about when any exit fees would be applicable.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion

@Mav Try this link for https://octopus.energy/policies/terms-and-conditions/ also you can find other info here https://octopus.energy/policies/

Im using Chrome and the website all works fine for me, im glad i moved because this company answers your support ticket within an hour which is really cool.

Also the reviews for this company look pretty decent too https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/octopus.energy

Highlighted
Hero

One of the small companies was on Rip Off Britain this morning, because of its billing failures. The problem high lighted by the presenters was the lack of preparation for the inevitable influx of enquiries and transfers, so they could not cope.

I'd prefer to wait until any new kid on the block was sure to have overcome teething troubles.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Fixes: 413

@St3 Thanks for the links.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion

@Luzern I totally understand what you are saying..  but do keep in mind that even the bigger companies can have many many failures in the billing systems.

We all take chances with all energy companies as non are perfect, so we tend to go with cheapest Wink

Highlighted
Hero

@St3 Well aware! and kept in mind.Smiley, but power or much else, start ups generally carry increased risk of failures in the first years.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

and the switch from SSE to Scottish Power went seamlessly and they kept me informed all the way through by email

now waiting to see how long before SSE issue the rebate

Highlighted
Rising Star

@Oldjim wrote:

Looking at the costs when my current fixed price contract with SSE runs out in November I can save over £400 switching to either OVO or Scottish Power

Any thoughts on which would be the better option given that OVO seems to have a much better survey result https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/campaigns/uswitch-energy-awards-2017/ which probably answers the question

I was with Eon, then OVO, now First and just moving to Bristol Energy. OVO were fine, as were First. The thing is, to just keep on switching every year, to which ever supplier offers you the best deal - there best deal only lasts for one year, then it goes up, so shop around. I did try to see if OVO would negotiate a better deal, rather than loose me as a customer, but no - their price is their price - no special deals.