cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old quiz

Community Veteran

Old quiz

I wonder if anyone else has come across this old quiz question that my grandad always asked.
If it takes 40 yards of tripe to make an elephant a westcut how many black pudding to strangle a lamp post?
and do you know the answer
5 REPLIES
geewizz
Grafter

Re: Old quiz

vorty-doo and a have?
Community Veteran

No takers? For those who dont know a westcut is a waist coat its an old term
Community Veteran

Well this post went down a storm didnt it. The answer to the quiz is 2 as at the time the standard black pudding required two to go round a lamp post
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Pedants corner.
I think the old term was "westcot" (with a silent t) at least that's how my dad pronounced it. someone, who felt not properly dressed without a waist coat, would not even remotely consider buying a suit unless it was a 3 piece. And yes he was buried wearing one. Which of course by today's low standards is considered a load of old tripe!
And, you should be careful, black pudding maybe considered a racist remark nowadays, which may account for why you didn't get too many replies, for fear of coming under the scrutiny of the PC police.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

well they dont call then dried pigs blood sausage, so there