Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Rockers never die.....

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Old Rockers never die.....

..... they just keep earning sheds load more dosh.

The likes of Tom Jones and Elton John were great in their time and no doubt enjoy performing, but do they really need to earn more money? Elton's 'retirement tour' is set to earn him four hundred million dollars alone in tickets sales which to my mind is totally obscene given that he must easily be worth that much already.

Maybe it's time to turn on my television and find out just who else is asking me "for just three pounds a week".

PS. On now ITV Four. Eric Bristow: Sports Life Stories. Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
7 REPLIES
Champnet
Aspiring Pro

Re: Old Rockers never die.....

Maybe they just enjoy what they're doing..........

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

I'm sure they do, but that was not the point I was making. Smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Champnet
Aspiring Pro

Small amendment.

Maybe it’s not the money, maybe they just enjoy what they're doing.........

Community Veteran

I've always thought that people who enjoy their jobs should be paid peanuts while those that hate their jobs should be paid barrow loads.

At least some of the time I would have been very wealthy.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Well not wanting to go back to the days of those early rockers screwed by their managers for £20 a week, but a bit of balance and a bit of sense would be nice.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

I wonder if there is a point in life where some people have so much money they stop bothering about how much more they can make or do they never stop in wanting more ?

Looking at the history of some who have had vast wealth in the past their personal lives have often suffered and following their demise family and relatives have had the pleasure of spending the money left.

As one wit pointed out when asked how much money a wealthy man had left, the answer was, 'All of it.'

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Eric Bristow on Sports Life Stories on ITV Four last night, "I don't want to be the richest man in the cemetery". The guy had a great attitude to life and money that's for sure. 

Earn it, spend it, enjoy it, and all credit if he earned a few bob, but the millions made and then the millions more by others?

Something wrong somewhere. Crazy2