Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok lets do this again...

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Re: Ok lets do this again...

Quote from: Strat
There is someone who benefits from this crazy messing with the clocks? Huh Crazy

Adobe.
All this crazy messing of the clocks means people frantically scramble for PDFs of their cooker/microwave/central heating timer manual to find out how to change the clock.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Quote from: M
Quote from: 7up
So.. before we get there, lets start the debate early this year and see if we can get it scrapped once and for all.. at least for england. If scotland wants to keep it then we are today well educated enough that people can cope with two time zones.
Do you speak for the north of England too? permanent BST would be pretty bleak in winter in much of the North of England too or am I wrong?

You did see my suggestion for a midway timezone didn't you?.. and we both know you did.. see i know you well enough to know you read my comments from start to end so don't go getting difficult with me M Steve.. You and I both know each other better than that  Tongue
I think the real gripe here is that you are anti english doing their own thing.
And that is rich coming from you,  you are the only one I ever read on this forum having a dig at us up here anti English? pfft I don't think so matey.

And how many times have you picked fault with Westminster and the english?
I freely admit I don't like the SNP but I have nothing against the Scots people... other than they all seem to think us english are guilty for everything.. despite having it better themselves at our expense. Oh hang on.. I've just said something bad about the scots.. right?  Roll_eyes
You and I both know you're a scot.. and if I'm so anti scottish, how come we've exchanged so many PMs over the years?
'nuff said Steve old matey Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

And how many times have you picked fault with Westminster and the english?
I have great issues with Westminster it's no secret but I don't ever recall being anti English perhaps you could show where I have been anti English?
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

I'm not doing this with Chenks.. and especially not you.
This topic was not an anti english topic, it was merely to find out peoples opinion of abandoning teh 1hr back thing in england.
Suddenly i'm anti scotland, trying to tell you lot what to do etc...
This topic is for the english about england. If you can't handle that then get out of it and stop trying to deliberately take it the wrong way.
Highlighted
Community Veteran

This topic is for the english about england. If you can't handle that then get out of it and stop trying to deliberately take it the wrong way.

is it?
nice "little england" attitude you have here.
what happened to the "better together" stance we got rammed down our throat not so long ago... or did you not agree with that.
it only takes a tiny prod to get people real opinions, and a tiny prod is all it took to see yours.
the timezone is what it is. if you don't like it then move somewhere that has one you are happy with.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I think it was another wartime expediency dating from the first world war which has never been repealed.
I believe it was farming, construction and other outside occupations which would benefit. But now farmers have good lighting on their tractors and work all hours and lighting is easy to arrange on construction sites. I think Daylight saving time is pas it's usefulness and should be repealed  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I might be wrong but did we not try it one year ? ie not adjusting the clocks but there were too many complaints ?
Highlighted
Seasoned Pro

Dairy me I think Peter has forgot about the farmers who milk their cows, the children that have to go to school etc. Cows don't have clocks you know they go by the sun Grin
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

You can't change the passage of time so why change the apparent time unless government need to do this so that they feel like they have some real power.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@M Steve As you say cows don't wear watches. And my grandkids start school at 8.45
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Highlighted
Community Veteran

Dairy me I think Peter has forgot about the farmers who milk their cows, the children that have to go to school etc. Cows don't have clocks you know they go by the sun Grin

So i was right..  and i'm framing that for chenks who thinks i have an attitude problem and blame scotland for us putting our clocks back!
@Peter thanks for your civilised response, it's nice to see some adults in this thread.
Here we go again...
Quote from: chenks76

is it?
nice "little england" attitude you have here.

What is wrong with the english having a timezone that works for them while the scottish have one that also works for them? - It would be the best of both worlds. Why are you so against this? (other than the fact that in another thread you admitted you hate everyone - which does kind of devalue your opinions).
what happened to the "better together" stance we got rammed down our throat not so long ago... or did you not agree with that.

I did and still do agree with that. What you do not see is that separate time zones does not mean we have separate countries. It just means we have slightly different setups that work well for both countries. You guys up there have your own government - and you like it that way so why can't we have our own timezone?
it only takes a tiny prod to get people real opinions, and a tiny prod is all it took to see yours.

What on earth are you on about? - I have absolutely NO ISSUES with the scots people or scotland. I DO want us to stay together - scotland is a great place and i've visited it many times and would move up there tomorrow if i could however my point remains that for england, the current timezone system seems pointless.
Why are you making such a big issue out of us abandoning the clocks going back while you keep it? - Why is that such an issue for you?
the timezone is what it is. if you don't like it then move somewhere that has one you are happy with.

Why don't you go and do that instead? - Move to a land where there isn't this anti scotland / england paranoia going on in your head?
Every year this issue comes up in england about "do we need to put the clocks back"... it's usually the day before.. it'll be all over the news.. then it happens and suddenly the issue is forgotten about - because it isn't brought up early enough to get a proper debate going. That was the point of this topic... to get a proper debate going about how it affects england.
Yes i did mention scotland keeping the clocks going back.. because i don't want scottish people accusing me of trying to wreck what works for them and being anti scottish and so i suggested that you guys shoulc keep the current arrangement while england decides on its own. Oh.. hang on.. you still got your knickers in a knot anyway chenks - just for the hell of it Roll_eyes
Quote from: w23
You can't change the passage of time so why change the apparent time unless government need to do this so that they feel like they have some real power.

Because winter evenings being dark and gloomy are depressing. David Camoron keeps barking on about the happiness factor in england every few months and i personally think that stopping this -1 hour in the winter would help.