cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok! its all over now...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Ok! its all over now...

Is anybody else going to admit to watching the TV coverage of "the" wedding.
It is partly of course because it was tantamount to suicide to suggest that there might be something else on to watch to SWMBO. And guess what even "posh" Beckham managed to crack a smile...well almost anyway.
Shusssh! but I thought the Beeb did a reasonable job of it except, those "hi Mum" embarrassing "look who we've found in the crowd making idiots of themselves" moments.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
22 REPLIES
Fixes: 122

Re: Ok! its all over now...

It was on and SWMBO was glued to it. Every word I tried to mutter was met with a resounding 'shhhhhhhh  Angry
Luckily the way I've set up my PC in the living room means my back is to the TV and I had headphones on  Cheesy
I admit to a quick glimpse or two to placate SWMBO as she pointed out the dress, blah, blah.
I must say, it all seemed a lot of fuss over nothing.
I think my feelings are coloured by the fact I got caught up in the fairy-tale that was Lady Di's wedding back in 1981 just to find it was a complete sham some 10 years or so later.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Missed it, spent the morning planting out 250 broccoli plants, just came in for some lunch at 13:30.
Don't have TV, SWMBO took a bottle of wine to a neighbours to watch. No doubt I'll get a full run-down when she returns.
Community Veteran

Missed it, was laid up in bed having a bad reaction to some pills the Dr gave me yesterday.
Shall not be taking any more of those.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I caught the end of the proceedings. Doesn't it warm your heart to watch the patriotic crowd outside Buckingham Place waving our national flag upside down for all the world to see?
Update: Also spotted upside down flags in the back of East Enders' shop.
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

SWMBO and I enjoyed a stroll round the quieter than usual local Cooperative store from 11 to 12:00.  Smiley
Marred only by the radio commentary on the store's ceiling speakers.  Sad
Not young enough to know everything
jmd
Grafter

I watched it and thought it went very well.  The dress was lovely - classic and simple in style.  They both looked so happy.
The music at the abbey was excellent.  I think it was a great example of how well this country can "do" occasions like this.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

what do you mean you missed it, have you looked at the program listings for tonight, As I said on the sleep one, Thank goodness my PVr'S have a lot to watch
itsme
Grafter

It's Doctor Who on the HD channel for me at 7pm, missed it last Saturday. But agree with jmdlp the brits can do occasions well. Was at my sports club and saw a bit of it after my game of squash and my opponent and his wife were more interested in the horse and carriages, being carriage competitors, and how many countries use horses? 
randpwar
Grafter

Made breakfast for SWMBO, daughter (recovering from having her tonsils removed earlier this week), son and dog whilst they avidly watched the proceedings (dog excepted) then walked dog then read the Grauniad while listening to The Big Pink on my ipod. Not a bad Saturday (well, feels like one) morning/ early afternoon
BTW – Watched the Beeb coverage for about 5 minutes. Does anyone else think that ‘Sir Michael’ (no idea who he was but he’s obviously brought in as the resident Royal expert) completely optimises and personalises the word ‘sycophant’?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Quote from: alanf
. Doesn't it warm your heart to watch the patriotic crowd outside Buckingham Place waving our national flag upside down for all the world to see?

But you see, they have all realised that flying our national flag, upside down, is an international signal of distress.......  Roll eyes  and with the present government glorifying in the spectacle before them, to distract the public  from the real issues, who can blame them  Undecided
nadger
Rising Star

Watched it on BBC1 HD  Smiley
Glad it stayed dry for them.
Shame Middleton lad didn't have his tie straight - pet hate  Roll eyes
jmd
Grafter

Did not notice the tie - was more entranced/horrified by the outfits the  two York princesses wore! 
nadger
Rising Star

They seem to have inherited their mother's sense of style, don't they  Roll eyes
Couldn't really work out what one had on her head - perhaps she thought it was a Halloween party Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Was on a 12 mile ramble from 10.00 to 3.00 so missed the lot.
Amazing how many men we met walking with dogs who said they had escaped from it  Grin