cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohhh Shutter be careful

Fixes: 101

Ohhh Shutter be careful

Have a read of this http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/23/police_photographer_stops/ , barking.
Will Moderate For Thanks
11 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Ohhh Shutter be careful

It's a free and democratic country we live in you know Roll eyes
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Now where did you get that idea from  Roll eyes
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Thanks for the link!  Very intersting reading. and also something I have already been made aware of.....No I have not been arrested, or accosted, by the police, I just know this sort of thing does happen.  I am aware of certain places that it is not permitted, e.g. M.O.D. property, due to my service career, and also there are certain "protocols" involved in photographing private houses, and "recognisable people" ...
As Strat says, it is a free and democratic country, and if I should ever get my "collar felt" by the fuzz, then I will be standing for my rights.
Bob_Milton
Grafter

I shall be right behind you.

Quote from: shutter
As Strat says, it is a free and democratic country, and if I should ever get my "collar felt" by the fuzz, then I will be standing for my rights.

Is that when they let you go after your 42 days detention?  Roll eyes
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

42 days full  board + 100% (well almost) personal security...... Cheesy

Plus the 3 grand a day for any time after 28 days without charge!!  Grin
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

The whole world has gone mad and the Lunatics are running the asylum. Its just another example of lunacy.
Bar staff ordered pensioner Harvey Talbot to take off his flat cap because it posed a risk to pub security.
The 81-year-old was enjoying an afternoon pint when he was told his hat could obscure his face in the event of a crime.
But Harvey, who has mobility problems and was dressed in a suit, had only popped in to Yates's, in Newcastle, for a drink on his way home from the shops.
Harvey said: "It's only an ordinary flat cap that people used to go to work in; it wasn't hiding my face or anything.
"I've never been told anything like that in my life and I have been going to the pub since I was 18."
Harvey, of Newcastle, had been drinking in the pub up to three times a week but says he was publicly humiliated when he was told to remove the cap.
Bar staff enforced their uniform policy after a young drinker went in wearing a baseball cap.
The former driver, who was on his second pint, said: "The barman said they had to stop people wearing these baseball caps to prevent yobs causing trouble so they can see their faces.
"I said I was not a yob and that I had done 60 years' work before he was born.
"I told him I was 81 and couldn't move that fast because my legs are bad and what trouble am I going to cause at my age?
"I was embarrassed and fuming and I couldn't do anything about it.
"I could understand it if I was a violent person causing trouble, but I do not have a blemish on my record."
Fellow drinkers immediately supported Harvey after the incident.
Ralph Burnley, aged 54, from Madeley, said: "This chap was immaculately dressed in a suit and tie and was sober and so naturally he asked why he would be obscuring his face.
"I said 'What do you expect him to do? Raid the pork scratchings?'. I felt he had been totally humiliated so I told staff to apologise, but I was told it was their policy.
"There was a lad who was told to take his baseball cap off who then went back to his seat and put it back on."
A Yates's spokesman said the pub had been following Staffordshire Police advice.
She said: "The bar staff were using their discretion, but as soon as someone came in and made a fuss about someone else in the bar they adopted a uniform policy."
But police say a pub's dress code is down to its management.
Inspector Steve Thirsk said: "It is not Staffordshire Police's licensing policy that people must take their hats off when they go into premises."
Philip Snow, chairman of North Staffordshire Pensioners' Convention, said: "When you have an elderly person who likes wearing a flat cap it doesn't make much sense to impose a policy so indiscriminantly.
"There needs to be some common sense."
It just goes to show that an innocent photo can suddenly make you a PEDO its frightening that the world has come to this you have to watch taking pictures of your own kids in case you capture someone else as well

...and the phone calls are expensive in the nick. I wonder how much they pay for broadband Crazy
Community Veteran

Heard on tv this morning that there is some idea of giving all prisoners mobile phones, and free calls, so they can keep in touch with their families....  Shocked  especially the kids who miss their mummy or daddy.
Wonder how many will keep in touch with their "other family", at our expense, too  Cry

I'm surprised they find time from their X-Boxes and Pool tables to make phone calls Undecided
Edit:...oh and free University degree studies Crazy