happihijabi
Grafter

Oh the irony!

7 REPLIES
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 46

Re: Oh the irony!

I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy
happihijabi
Grafter

@Browni

No thanks.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Happihijabi; you'll probably find it useful to lurk on the forum for a while, before posting too much, to understand the dynamics between the main posters. 

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Not friendly, yet here you are.

Irony indeed. Crazy2

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Forums like this are like a nuclear reactor, start pushing the wrong rods in and you're going to trigger a meltdown, and before you know it, a forum exclusion zone happens as it did recently...

198kHz
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

You wrote on 8 April

...only registered a couple of weeks ago but have been lurking for a while 

so presumably you would have gathered that the forum is more akin to a Friday night in Wetherspoons than an academic debating society. But you signed up anyway. And that's fine - the more the merrier.

We'd be pleased if you'd contribute positively.

You know you'd like to...  Wink

Remember you are unique - just like everyone else
Community Veteran
Fixes: 6

I think you all need to think that this is not just a forum, but how you'd speak to those people if you were seeing them in real life.

Sure, we don't all have to be serious (I'm not), we can all be sarcastic (I am) and where we don't always disagree just say we don't but in a polite manner. Life would be boring if everyone were the same.

As @198kHz it can be like a Weatherspoons, okay my football argument is going bad now as they only show freebie football. But I agree the same principle applies where you watch it in a pub who pay around 6k per annum to Sky I believe?

You can always agree to disagree on football in a pub (I don't do it as I don't really follow it), but not in an aggressive manner. Maybe a bit when your team scores of course and you're happy and a bit a friendly banter between your mates and someone else, but we all have to keep a lid on that.

Now let's get it under control please.