Did you mean: 

Oh no.. he's DEAD!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Oh no.. he's DEAD!

I'm talking about Brian Griffin!
R.I.P. Brian Griffin - Fans angry at death of beloved Family Guy character

Shocking! More info here:
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz-tv/hot-tv/352605/SPOILER-ALERT-R-I-P-Brian-Griffin-Fans-angry-at-...
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
11 REPLIES
WTF
Grafter

Re: Oh no.. he's DEAD!

I heard about the death of the dog.
Apparently, the writers thought it would be more realistic if the dog died after being hit by a car - and less traumatic than having one of the kids killed  Huh
Strange that reality was a consideration in the demise of a cartoon talking dog  Grin
But in keeping with the new focus on reality, they now have a replacement talking dog  Roll eyes
gnicholson8
Grafter

Maybe they didn't like the voice actor  Grin Grin Grin Grin
kmilburn
Grafter

I think Seth liked the voice actor,  although one can't be sure!  He probably wanted to reduce the number of characters he does  Wink
gnicholson8
Grafter

Yeah, I would imagine that... I've not seen any of the new series yet, is there a replacement for Brian Griffin?
WTF
Grafter

There is .. voiced by someone famous and a tad unexpected, i've just completely forgotten who .. One of the Sopranos actors.
CX
Grafter

Stewie probably has some gadget/time-machine/interdimensional-portal which he can use to bring the/a Brian back.
PS: How nice of the press to put a major plot spoiler in the headline, for all of those who wait until it is legally shown on the BBC rather than being an evil dirty downloader.
WTF
Grafter

Oh no.. he's DEAD!

.. or maybe not!
Variety's reporting that they may be resurrecting Brian already:
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/family-guy-resurrecting-dead-character-already-1200886817
Thunderclap
Grafter

"The writers wanted to shake things up? Like Marissa Mayer is shaking things up at Yahoo? No really, the Writer's Room must have run out of fart jokes, violence to women gags, and farting on Meg whilst gagging herself cutaways. Surley there's one more anti-semitic storyline that requires time travel and more pie? Too many Producers and not enough creatives! Next time you watch the family man, count the number of producer credits. Then ask an intimate friend to borrow their hand, giggity, as a carry over. Bunch of Douche Bags. RIP Brian. But if you so much as touch Roger, Twitter will kill you." Steve Smith
WTF
Grafter

It's clearly been a long time since I watched Family Guy - none of that rings a bell  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I always preferred American Dad myself but little stewie and his crazy inventions in Family Guy are also very addictive.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
RichAllen
Grafter

My only connection to FG is that I've played the Xbox game, and I have the 3 FG Star Wars spoofs on DVD,