Did you mean: 

Oh my giddy aunt....

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Oh my giddy aunt....

...... more PC madness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-shropshire-37172500

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Oh my giddy aunt....

I saw that a few days ago, all I could think of was to gather those "offended" people up, take them to a coal mine, and have them tell the blackfaced coal miners that they're offensive, and see what happens, because it's just getting ridiculous how people are offended at historical things, what are we meant to do? Re-write history to pander to the waterheads? Roll eyes

Minivanman
Hero

There were moves a while back to change the name of a pub outside of Swansea. Thankfully that bit of stupidity died a death and it never happened - not as far as I know anyway.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/pub-regulars-fury-wetherspoons-announces-black/story-2061379...

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

There needs to be some legal process involved with this onslaught of feigned "offence", such as taking into account the historical basis for the name, activity or process, the reasoning given by the "offended", and a record made of whether they're a serially "offended" effluent-stirrer, because a lot of these examples are baseless and are usually thought up by people who actively seek out things to be offended by to just stir up trouble and widen the fractures in this so-called "multi-cultural society"...

What a crock that phrase it, a multi-cultural society, so long as it's not our own culture of course... Roll eyes

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Wonder what that "committee" or whatever organization it is, would do if a 100% black person Morris Group, turned up to display their talents....

Probably get them to put flour on their faces to make them white...

VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

But Morris dancing (of any colour) is offensive.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Here's the lowdown on Fresh http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/27/folk-festival-caves-white-sjw-bullies-bars-black-...

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran

Sounds like the sort of people who should go live in california where all the rest of the safespacer waterheads belong...

Community Veteran

I'm sure it's a case of pure jobsworth.

I'm also sure that there has been more than a few newspaper stories about people being offended. And when the actual group of Muslims, Jews, Blacks, Whites, etc were asked the answer was a straight no of course that doesn't bother us.

It only bothered some faceless committee who took it upon themselves to judge that this or that group would be / should be offended by something that no one has given a second thought to until now.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Too Many namby pambys control this country ,, the only people you can offend legaly is the English Huh?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
198kHz
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Colin Quinn sums up how daft it's getting..  Smiley

Not young enough to know everything
Minivanman
Hero

Offensive like this lot you mean?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2228151/Police-tell-Morris-Dancers-sticks-hankies-complaints...