Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh my Giddy Aunt... or Uncle.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Oh my Giddy Aunt... or Uncle.

Only in America, or in this case Canada

Human rights? Human rights my [-Censored-].

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 8

Re: Oh my Giddy Aunt... or Uncle.

and I thought you needed help for an elderly relative with Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)!TongueGrin

Come to think of it, what name could you give to person with hisher or herhis condition? All a letter randomiser came up with was etnulcuan.Funny

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Mav 

Disappointed to note that we can no longer write Arsenal now, next up Fulham?

Highlighted
Fixes: 394

@Minivanman 

As an experienced member I am sure you understand the reasons for moderating your post Roll_eyes

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

Indeed but why now, or is it all about context?

Highlighted

Context is everything.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

What a sad, complicated world we live in - The Kinks ( Ray Davis ) must have known all this was coming way back when they wrote their hit song Lola ( L A L O Lola )  -

"Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world"

And as per usual the minorities shout the loudest and push and push their case, riding roughshod over decent peoples sensibilities....

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@wotsup 

Nothing wrong with shouting loud (and proud) but this is just taking the pish.

Highlighted
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 12

@wotsup wrote:

And as per usual the minorities shout the loudest and push and push their case, riding roughshod over decent peoples sensibilities....

So people from minorities aren't 'decent people" in your eyes obviously. But presumably you think you are?

That's a [-Censored-]ing laugh...

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

@wotsup 

Nothing wrong with shouting loud (and proud) but this is just taking the pish.

Agree,

https://unherd.com/2019/04/the-transsexual-empire/

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@DaveyH 

"So people from minorities aren't 'decent people" in your eyes obviously. But presumably you think you are"

How about 'peoples sensibilities', or would you take issue with that?

Highlighted
Pro

@Minivanman 

Whoops - I've just thanked your post by accident when I was clicking to see who on earth had thought it was worth thanking! Embarrassed  I can't find the unthank button.

I think you miss the point.

@wotsup sometimes has a good idea but spoils his argument by being rude about people who may disagree with him.  "Shouting loudest", "pushing their case",  "riding roughshod" and "decent people" is simply inflammatory and puts a lot of backs up.  If he argued in a civilised manner rather than like a drunk thug in a pub people might pay more attention to his opinions. Your support really doesn't help.

Have you ever thought that it's the children we brought up who are making the world the way it is today? It's probably all our fault anyway.

Highlighted

@ffox wrote:

@Minivanman 

Whoops - I've just thanked your post by accident when I was clicking to see who on earth had thought it was worth thanking! Embarrassed  I can't find the unthank button.

@ffox 

Click on the greyed-out Thanks button again to remove the thanks.

Highlighted
All Star

Many years ago I used to go for lunch with a workmate.I had an incling he may be gay but it was never spoken about  but we enjoyed our conversations. I went on holiday and when I came back he told me he told me that he had to come out while I was away as one of the other blokes had been harrassing him about it. My reply was to ask him if he wanted to ask me  out on a date, he answered no and I said ok lets get on with our friendship then. There was also another bloke at work who every second sentance told you he was gay... He realy got my back up!!!!Roll_eyes

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

@ffox wrote:

@Minivanman 

@ffox 

There's no need to click anything to see who thanked a post - just hover your cursor over the number of thanks and all should be revealed.