cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh heck...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Oh heck...

I got an email. Apparently my apple account has been hacked!!!

I'm absolutely gutted... I never knew the password to it myself (yet alone my username) and i didn't even remember signing up for one.. but apparently i've been hacked!

You understand i'm going to lose a lot of sleep over this.... Funny

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
6 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: Oh heck...

Sounds like a phishing attempt to get you to sign in to an apple ID on their fake website so they can collect your details. I once got an email supposedly from Apple with an invoice for a few hundred quid that made me panic at first... but on closer inspection it was a fake email that was hoping I'd panic enough to click the link and sign in on their fake site. Looked pretty genuine though.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

On a similar subject - I am monitoring a hotmail account (the owner asked me to check the emails as they are no longer using that email) so rather than the more normal login I added the capability to Outlook 2003

Why am I mentioning it - because I keep getting emails advising that

Some of your incoming messages ware placed on hold due to recent activities.

Please update your account details by clicking on our secure link below to keep your account active.

.A deactivation request was made by you yesterday at exactly 20. 06pm to completely close down your Hotmail account. We are attending to the request and soon we will close the email box as requested.

Please note that Your incoming message will be De-activated with 24hrs due to recent changes activity we have made to your e-mail Account. 

OK we all know they are scams but in all cases - because I am viewing them in Outlook 2003 the from address is shown and they are all private emails and hovering over the link shows that it has nothing to do with the supposed problem

Would it be correct to assume  that viewing the email via Hotmail or Outlook (the one which took over from Hotmail) you don't see that or are Hotmail users assumed to be totally thick and ignoring it

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I must admit I sometimes 'log in' on the links in some of these emails using unpleasant phrases / suggestions for the 'phishers' as the login name and password.

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've had a few of these myself, last apple product I used was an old Macintosh Performa that decided that deleting my GCSE coursework was a hoot... Roll eyes

Community Veteran

For a second there I was thinking Oh no not more naked celebrity pictures.Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Now I feel honoured - just arrived this evening

2016-05-23_222715.jpg