Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh good grief

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

Oh good grief

Oh good grief, no wonder the NHS is going down the plughole, or is it just me?

Since when has it become a provider for all things, for all people, for all situations constructed or otherwise. Surely money can be better spent elsewhere - I have just learned for example that I will no longer be sent a bowel cancer screening kit once I reach 74 years old. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-43365446

All that money being spent for gender reassignment, only to spend even more on telling them why they had it done in the first place!

Whatever next. 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
31 REPLIES
RobPN
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Oh good grief

Totally agree, priorities are all wrong.

However, regarding your bowel screening test, although you may not receive a kit automatically after a certain age, AFAIK you can request that they continue to send one.  I think that's the case in England, might be different in Wales.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

I'll check that out @RobPN thanks Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Champnet
Aspiring Pro

Anyone know anyone who's been diagnosed with Bowel Cancer after using the D-I-Y kits ?

I was told they were a complete waste of time & money..............

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

So only worth the money if you have cancer then.

Maybe peace of mind has a price as well? Undecided

Champnet
Aspiring Pro

Placebo effect...........?

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Are you saying they do not work then, only I have read nothing to suggest they are a waste of time and sure, I get the placebo effect thing and that has some merit - and we know don't we that even they can be the source of a cure.

It's a funny old world that's for sure. Smiley

Community Veteran

@RobPN wrote:

However, regarding your bowel screening test, although you may not receive a kit automatically after a certain age, AFAIK you can request that they continue to send one.  I think that's the case in England, might be different in Wales.

@RobPN you are right. You can still request a test kit which can be sent to you but it's something you have to do each year.

I was at a cancer conference last week and that was confirmed. Also the present method of testing will be replaced shortly by a much simpler method which will encourage more people to get involved.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

These kits identify if blood is present but do not identify the source, there is a common but not life threatening problem that can show blood is present and following that you will be sent a hospital appointment.

I will spare you the details of the proceedure, not pleasant but at least confirms that cancer was not present in my large intestine.

Community Veteran

The new kit will make the procedure a simpler one!

Champnet
Aspiring Pro

Can we ask how ?, or is it best not to know.......

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

All these comment go to show we'd rather discuss cancer than tackle the stupidity of waste in controversial and politically correct areas. Anybody else feeling neutered? Roll eyes 

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

@gleneagles

Good to hear you had the all clear Thumbs Up

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman wrote:

Anybody else feeling neutered? Roll eyes 

Just checked, and nope, still fully equipped, just unused having been single for the past 12 years... Funny

alanj
Aspiring Pro

@Minivanman wrote:

All these comment go to show we'd rather discuss cancer than tackle the stupidity of waste in controversial and politically correct areas. 

7163F9B4-9250-48B4-A103-7EDE48BA1143.jpeg