cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh Yes it is... Oh No it isn't !

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Oh Yes it is... Oh No it isn't !

The UK’s beleaguered theatres have warned that panto season could be cancelled, leading to catastrophic losses in revenue, unless the government is able to reassure people that live performances will continue in the winter.

The annual pantomime season is more than just a festive tradition for British theatres; in some cases it accounts for more than a quarter of their annual box office and acts as a cash injection to fuel other work and investment. But the impact of Covid-19, which has already devastated theatres, is threatening their golden goose as directors weigh up whether to risk going ahead with expensive productions that may not happen.

“That could really mean the closure of an awful lot of theatres. It’s that impactful,” Jo Hemmant, executive director of the Hackney Empire, said, adding that without a pantomime season many theatres could face closure. “We’re planning for it but knowing in the back of our minds it may not happen.”

https://www.bigpantoguide.co.uk/

No, not Big Pants Guide !!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Re: Oh Yes it is... Oh No it isn't !

"Look our, he's two metres behind you!"

"Oh no he... " - well you get the picture. 😂

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Never been to a panto & I don't have no desire to either.

March 2019 was the last time we went to an actual theatre performance. We got a free drinks voucher each, ticket price refunded & a free seating upgrade as the original seats I booked where required for a tv camera position as the performance was being filmed for TV.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Pantos are great fun for the kids and for the adults who pick up on those little innuendos.

My four children still talk about the Christmas pantos we took them to at the Swansea Grand all those years ago. The first one I recall as a little kid was Babes in the Wood with the star turn being  provided by The Beverly Sisters.

Harmless fun and a great tradition and long may it continue as so many are being stripped away these days. 

"Oh no they're not, oh yes they are!"  

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not who somebody else is today
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The last time I went it was Aladdin. Won the tickets at my local library.

I expect that Aladdin would get a lot of complaints today as the genies make-up probably wouldn't go down well with the whinge brigade.