cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh How I love My New Sony Vaio!!!!!!

zedingrove
Grafter

Oh How I love My New Sony Vaio!!!!!!

What a step up from my old laptop, is a bit like a Ford to a Rolls...
I can't quite get over how quite it is, unlike my old one which, when it got overloaded the noise it made, not to mention the heat it created (could of fried an egg on it at times).
Windows 7 is going to take a bit, but does look nice over XP..... Cool
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Re: Oh How I love My New Sony Vaio!!!!!!

Hehe my Sony Via is circa 1999  Crazy It used to run M$ Win 98 (NOT se) now running puppy linux - 2Gb internal HD, small screen and ONE USB-1 port Not a lot of expansion beyond the pcima slot which is used for the cdrom (not DVD)  Cheesy
BUT having said that my Sony PRS-505 Ebook reader is still going strong after 3 years hard use (it needs a new battery soon - about £7 on ebay) I look at the Kindles etc but they are plastic mine is Aluminium  Wink
dlloyd
Grafter

Sony Vaio's were always a cracking piece of kit and the case design was great too.
Speaking of the Sony e-readers, I loved mine until it kept corrupting its internal memory.  Now got a kindle and its a bit more comfortable in my hands compared to the Sony.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not got a vaio but I do have a toshiba netbook which for noise is extremely quiet compared to my old HP ZE4500 laptop (sheesh, I thought concorde was loud!). Not only that but its small, portable, light and you can adjust the CPU power / screen etc which makes a vast difference.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
zedingrove
Grafter

Still can not beleive only paid £128 for this sony which granted is not top spec but is a 2 core duo, built so solid the only one downside is the color, white lid silver base, shows every little spec of dirt, just wish it would make a little noise cos if the screen was not on one would think it was switched off.  Cheesy
Fixes: 125

Quote from: Dan
Sony Vaio's were always a cracking piece of kit and the case design was great too.

Have to agree with you there. Build quality is excellent, too.
I bought mine in December 2009. Still looks cool and still seems fast and responsive.
The only problem is the battery. Now doesn't last longer than 5 or 10 mins without having to plug it back in. I'm wondering whether it has anything to do with SWMBO using it plugged in all the time and has never drained the battery. I used to always allow the battery to drain totally at least once a month.
Nedd to get a replacement soon because she wants to take it with her when she visits her family and requires more portability.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Quote from: Mav
The only problem is the battery. Now doesn't last longer than 5 or 10 mins without having to plug it back in. I'm wondering whether it has anything to do with SWMBO using it plugged in all the time and has never drained the battery. I used to always allow the battery to drain totally at least once a month.

That may well be the cause. I always allow mine to discharge before every recharge - even if its down to just 13% I'll still run it down before plugging it in. My OH however is plug happy and their battery is now loosing its life span.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!