cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Plusnet Bakers' Thread

Community Veteran

Official Plusnet Bakers' Thread

Any fellow PN-ers on here with a love of baking?
I'm in a bit of a sourdough mode at the moment - got a mere 35kg of flour that I have accumulated and needs using up Cheesy

37 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 4

Re: Official Plusnet Bakers' Thread

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

went out to lunch today.... didn`t take long.... had the fastest food available...

SCONE  Cheesy  ( Pronounced SKON for those who  don`t know ....  Roll eyes )
Community Veteran

I bake my own bread / rolls etc when I have the time - I use fresh yeast and always have a fresh bit in the fridge.
I also do my own bread pizza bases. I've done croissants and various other bready things with good success Smiley
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
SCONE  Cheesy  ( Pronounced SKON for those who  don`t know ....  Roll eyes )

Oooo!!  one of my favourite language gripes, you provided the correct spelling for skon, scone is pronounced scone as in stone Roll eyes
The residents of the swish Buckinghamshire town of Beaconsfield persist in pronouncing it Bekonsfield. If you go to the top of one those hills around the country at certain times of national celebration you set fire to a beacon, not a bekon.
Edit: There is a model village there called Bekonscot though.
So there!!

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Only "posh" suthen peeple have SKONE`s and Kreem for tea....
Uz  norven foke speek proppa... az u no.
TORPC
Grafter

SWMBO make the best Battenberg for miles
Dear old Nan's cakes was & still are the best, wish I learned the secret family recipies
Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Only "posh" suthen peeple have SKONE`s and Kreem for tea....
Uz  norven foke speek proppa... az u no.

I've no wish to hijack AndyH's delicious thread, but I must ask which part Britain Portsmouth (Hants) is Norf of apart from the Isle of Wight Huh

Community Veteran

To save Hijacking this thread... I`ll send you a PM... if anyone else wants a copy... pse send me a PM asking for it !  Cheesy
Community Veteran

Here's a tip...anyone wanting fresh yeast - get it from Tesco (have to ask at the Bakery) for 1p Smiley
Tomorrow's baking:
Sourdough Focaccia - might experiment a bit and do a rhubarb focaccia and normal mediterranean mix focaccia
Pain au levain - one of my favourites
Community Veteran

Was out driving in the country this morning... and at a roadside stall I saw a sign........ " New Rhubarb ".    Didn`t know you could buy "old" Rhubarb...  Cheesy
Community Veteran

I get it free from my Tesco as they haven't cottoned on that there is a SKU and barcode for it Wink
Technically they should "sell" it as it keeps track of the stock but also from a legal perspective with a use by date and a "do not consume raw" warning.
Community Veteran

Oh and Sainsburys will sell it to you for aroud 25p for 50g (I think that is what they used to charge me for it).
Morrisons refused point blank to let me have any even though I used to live next door to the woman in the bakery lol.
Fixes: 47

About the only baking I have done in recent times has been a rhubarb or apple crumble....although I always knew it as Rhubarb or Apple Cracknell.
Not sure about this supporting link though http://www.food.com/recipe/apple-crumble-known-as-apple-cracknell-from-sussex-uk-387084
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation