cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Of course you have to ask, "Where were the adults?"

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Of course you have to ask, "Where were the adults?"

Just seen this on BBC News, it's over two minutes yet no sign of an adult!

20 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Of course you have to ask, "Where were the adults?"

I assumed that the camera feed wasn't being watched all the time and the clip was from the stored video

Fixes: 47

That must have made quite a bit of noise when it fell.

So, as you say Mook, where was an adult.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Stupid is as stupid does.

Our chest of drawers are screwed to the wall, in fact I did my daughters just a few months ago because of her two toddlers.

Makes me so angry to see this Ticked off

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Minivanman
Hero

@Strat

The adults were either on the camera (which I find hard to believe) or they were passing responsibility for child care over to one, and not a million miles from the powers that be doing exactly the same thing on our Friday night binge drinking high streets.

What sort of society are we turning into?  

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Fixes: 47

Not a pleasant one I suspect.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

@Strat, that's exactly what I was thinking, and considering it landed on him! No wonder they were reluctant to make the video public, I assume form fear of being judged, but when you see something like this, questions will, should and must be asked.

Fixes: 125

Very scary indeed and could have been so much more tragic.

Why ever would you leave one two-year-old on its own like that let alone twoCrazy2

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

In a way, I'm pretty disgusted to see that the child was pinned down for that long and no parent (or carer, or whatever was meant to be in charge of the pair) heard the sound of a crashing chest of drawers, I've done it, and they make a LOT of noise!!The child got lucky that he wasn't seriously or mortally injured, skulls are still relatively soft at that age and had the drawers landed on his head, well, that video would never have been released...

But, it does raise a good point about attaching things like that to the wall, particularly when there are children around that are likely to climb on furniture (and admit it, we've all done that as children!), some furniture even comes with brackets to attach them to the wall to prevent collapses like that, so, use them!!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I seem to recall some stupid television program years ago that showed clips of home made videos which included mishaps to people, they were paid £250 providing the video was shown.

No problem where the mishap involved a adult but some involved young children and I was convinced they were deliberately set up, it does make you think what some people think of their children, if indeed they think anything.

Community Veteran

Terrible parents.

If they had remembered to put on their kids straight jackets when they put them in bed this would never have happened.Smiley

It's not called the terrible two's for nothing. Talking of a set up though, both those draws were nicely pulled out just right.

Minivanman
Hero

I don't think anybody is suggesting we should be overprotective in the extreme, just be responsible parents. Anyway, in my day kids would be popped into playpens, Whatever happened to those?

Fixes: 125

Letting your toddlers climb and explore allowing them to learn how to hold on and be aware of dangers is one thing when you are supervising but out of sightCrazy3

Apparently no playpen could hold me when I was a toddler - reckon I missed my calling as the new HoudiniCheesy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

The Brussels bureaucrats, when they finally get back from their extended Christmas holiday, will no doubt set to work on a minimum 50-page Bolting Down Of Furniture Regulations; which will be a 100-page document once our civil service has finished with it.  Then the PM will set up a Bolting Down Of Furniture Inspectorate and appoint her friends to head it (minimum salary £150,000 p.a. part-time).  The onus will be on local authorities to employ the inspectors while not being given any additional funding from central government.

Minivanman
Hero

And folks wonder why the democratic majority voted to leave. Smiley