Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd email??

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Odd email??

No attachments, just this....

"Hold thy tongue, thou art going to die with a lie in thy mouth. Pest and Diseases Image Library.
Phultala has an average literacy rate of 71. Over a thousand people turned out each day to watch the proceedings, lining the streets outside the courthouse.
First World War through his graduation from Berlin University. Some of his rhymes are to be found on signposts in the grounds of the hall.
Kuala Lumpur, as there are many international embassies located in the area. The crew celebrates Freedom Day, a day where you can do anything you want, regardless of the consequences. Hampshire on 11 September and arrived at Milford Haven on 13 September."
Where's the con/catch?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Odd email??

It's solid proof that the world is safe as Skynet still has plenty of bugs and more than a few loose screws.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Sounds like a load of Bow Locks to me... Grin
(one of the only places in lundun I'd like to see, just cos it's called Bow Locks - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bow_Locks )
Community Veteran

@2cv, You might fit in well here in rural Northamptonshire: Wollaston   Grin Grin
[/coat]
@doris, I'm sure this kind of 'nonsense, no attachments' email has been discussed before, just not sure what the conclusion was - possibly randomly trying to find out if addresses are real.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I suspect that these emails are trying to soften up the spam filters which will then let the email through and consequently recognise the sender for the next real spam emails and then let those through too.
It's only a theory but thats what i reckon.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

.  Where's the con/catch? 

You received it and it didn't bounce back, therefore your email address exists. Expect more real stuff unless your spam filter is effective.
Community Veteran

You know, my spam filter's pretty empty, seems either they've given up, or they've killed a lot of spam-servers out there... Huh
Quote from: w23
@2cv, You might fit in well here in rural Northamptonshire: Wollaston  Grin Grin

Makes me wonder if there's a street with that name HERE... Grin