Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOPS!!!

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 1

OOPS!!!

I see there a story in the papers of a 70year old man going into hospital and being circumcised by mistake! Is that the unkindist cut of all?FunnyShocked

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OOPS!!!

I guess that would depend on the circumcises at the time Cheesy

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Having been done myself (as a child), all I can say is, poor fella, he'll never be the same again... Sad

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 2

Nice to see, even at 70, it still has a value if only financial....

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 9

@twocvbloke wrote:

Having been done myself (as a child),

Interesting how male genital mutilation isn't taken seriously.

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Well for me that was about 30 years ago (apparently problems urinating, but have yet to find out why that was), when such practices were still considered to be morally "okay", these days unless there's an actual problem with the foreskin or head of the member (infection, tightness causing pain and inflammation, injuty, etc.), then it is no longer allowed in many countries, including for religious practices (not that some of them care), it's just not as widely publicised as FGM is, as a lot of men tend to not talk about it...

I read last year that somewhere in Africa, a health minister (and a woman) was actively demanding that men were circumcised as to prevent the spread of HIV, on the misunderstanding that it was a harbour for the disease to reside in just waiting to be passed on, not realising that it is also carried in the "end product" of intercourse, so there is a lot of misunderstanding of what circumcision does...

For adults it's a choice that they can make themselves (well, usually!!) to have done, but in some cases, both for child and adult, it can actually be quite traumatic as it is a very sensitive part of the body, and the sensations of clothing, bedding or movement in general can cause a lot of physical problems down there, it takes a long time to become de-sensitised (another reason to not have it done, it ruins the pleasure of it's normal use), and in some cases can be too distressful, one recently reported instance a young man took his own life after having it done (and the surgery had been botched too)...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47292307

In my case, I hate it, it's scarred, it's ugly, and it's one of my confidence killers, some people have managed to "re-grow" some skin on theirs (various means, some just grew back, some use stretching exercises, some use "tools" to force it to regrow), but mine was cut back so far that it's impossible to do so, so I'm stuck with it...

It is sad how so many men will not talk about it, the more that do, the more likelihood the whole practice will be abolished...