cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Phishing...

Fixes: 125

O2 Phishing...

This one is slightly more sophisticated.
Hello
Your O2 bill for 11/09/14 is now ready. You can look at your bill here
In total, your bill for this month comes to £28.30. We'll request this amount from your chosen account on, or just after, the date in your bill.
Is your bill more than you were expecting ?
If so, here's a few reasons why this might be:
• You could have gone over the minutes, texts or data that's in your allowance.
• You could have called or sent texts to numbers that can't be taken from your allowance such as International, 0800, 0845 numbers or directory enquiries.
• You have used your phone for calls, text or data whilst abroad.
To view any charges outside your allowance click here
If you have any questions, just ask Lucy. She's our online virtual agent. You can also find out more about what's included in your bill with an online demonstration.
Best regards
O2

The first link doesn't go to O2 although the other three do. Of course, the biggest give-away was the wrong email address it was sent to which I did check but on an initial glance it all looks quite real. Of course the greeting is usually by <title><first-name><surname> (I don't have an O2 account although SWMBO does but the emails come to me, though). Comparing it to an o2 email proper it can be quite convincing and, I suspect, will catch many out.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: O2 Phishing...

The phishers are certainly getting more sopfisticated as you say. Have you reported it to O2?
Fixes: 125

Yes and got the usual automated reply.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Well at least you tried. Maybe they will pick it up.