cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O.M.G!! Skin Cringing Telly Adverts!!

Steve
Seasoned Pro

O.M.G!! Skin Cringing Telly Adverts!!

Rant on..............I dont watch much tv and hardly watch the adverts however this advert has my skin crawling,my ears grinding, and im ready to lose the plot!!
Its this new advert about somerfield and co-operative joining together, Just take a look at this advert...http://www.visit4info.com/advert/The-family-now-includes-Somerfield-Co-op-Superstores/81408
It haunts me every time i switch the bloody telly on now, And whats with the smiley faces? You dont get that anywhere nowadays or its very rare at least.
You can tell by looking at the women on the left of the clip that shes trying so so so hard to smile!! Either that or its just the way she looks but i reckon thats one serious dodgy smile..
Also what gives? The co-operative on the left is a white woman and the somerfield on the right is a coloured women, Looking like they just got bloody married or something!!
Im not racist but the advert does have me wondering why to make the advert the way that they have as its making me ill...Rant off
Ps if you watch the short clip watch it in full screen and you will see what i mean about her on the left with the disturbingly dodgy smile.
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: O.M.G!! Skin Cringing Telly Adverts!!

are you not reading way too much into a naff advert? 
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Maybe i am but it does not help with it rammed down your eyes everytime you switch the box on Sad
Community Veteran

I'm in America at present and if youj think out TV adverts are bad then you should see some of theirs Undecided
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Oh i can imagine artmo, It does not bare thinking about.
Denzil
Grafter

That one seems fairly innocuous to me - there are plenty more annoying ones. Ahem, here we go  Cheesy...
The Microsoft "7 second commercials" - so, you can rearrange the windows easily - big deal.
Bio yoghurts - no problem with live yoghurt, great stuff, but they pack it in tiny expensive pots and surround it with pseudo-science about unique cultures.
Cow and Gate baby milk - "you would need this much milk to get enough iron" - but why is that a problem? Get the iron from other foods instead, like we have been doing for thousands of years.
Omega oils - again, no problem with them per se, they are good for you, but they will not make your children more intelligent.
Shampoo/shaving foam etc that claims to nourish your hair/skin etc - utter rubbish, nourishment comes from your food, and your hair is dead anyway.
David_W
Rising Star

How about this advert? it'll drive you insane with a "whut?" kind of thing.  Or This one is funny
matt_2k34
Grafter

(i cant find it sadly)
But i like the windows 7 adverts Smiley (all of them tbh) - But my fave is Rob Locke's (or i believe it was him) Smiley  (He WAS a QVC Presenter, and ill always remember him for destroying the set) Smiley  (The inprivate browsing demo)
MarveCheesy
However ill never GOOOO COMPARE... Eugh.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: dgwebb
How about this advert? it'll drive you insane with a "whut?" kind of thing.  Or This one is funny
Your first advert is completely bonkers and left me thinking w.t.f.? and your second link was sheer class Grin
Fixes: 47

I'm still chuckling at the second one Grin
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
scootie
Grafter

i hate this muller advert in thoe i do find my self humming away to it.
its the fact they seem to say if you are an amputee that you havent got life

Community Veteran

Quote from: Denzil

Bio yoghurts - no problem with live yoghurt, great stuff, but they pack it in tiny expensive pots and surround it with pseudo-science about unique cultures.

And the bottles used in the adverts are always at least twice the size of the real thing  Crazy
John
Addnan
Grafter

Quote from: Asbo
i hate this muller advert in thoe i do find my self humming away to it.
its the fact they seem to say if you are an amputee that you havent got life

I start singing that sometimes for no reason  Embarrassed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hair, remember it well. http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/hair/hair.htm
Some of  Rado/Ragni lyrics are still timeless:- Aquarius (let the sun shine in) still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.
Community Veteran

Hair is back on stage in London I think.  It's also being performed at the end of the month here in St. Pete at the open air theatre and we will be going to see it.