cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of Music CD's Do You Have At Home?

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Number of Music CD's Do You Have At Home?

Hi All
How Many CD's Do You Have At Home?
I Have over 500 can you beet that?    Cheesy
[Edit]
Number of CD's only.  Wink
24 REPLIES
mcgurka
Grafter

Re: Number of Music CD's Do You Have At Home?

5 to 25 discs, but 194Gb on my terastation Smiley
Community Veteran

Indeed, does this poll specifically count only CDs, or just music albums etc. in general whatever the media?
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

You need a poll of how much (in GBytes) you have stored as digitally stored music.
I have about 17GB.

Community Veteran

Current total standing at 692GB on the Buffalo.
Track count (at last count) was 171,000 tracks. (including dupes)
CD count was over 2,500 at last count and growing fairly rapidly Smiley
B.
mcgurka
Grafter

Yes, I reckon polling the Gigs, and see where we get from there, Im going to write a quick script later to track just how much music PN customers have, both in Gigs and Tracks... should be interesting!
Community Veteran

Quote from: axisofevil
You need a poll of how much (in GBytes) you have stored as digitally stored music.
I have about 17GB.

IMHO that's not such a good idea really, as we probably all use completely different bitrates... indeed, I myself have music encoded from everything between 128Kbps and lossless...
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I think an interesting poll would be how much music people own on CD, compared to digital now.
Since getting an MP3 player some years back, I buy a lot less CD's than I did (not that I bought a lot then anyway).
Do people still buy CD's now, or do you find your CD purchases have declined over the years?
James
Grafter

I can't remember the last time I bought a CD to be honest.  It was probably about 4 or 5 years ago.
I do spend far too much money on iTunes though.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 159

I've got a reasonable CD collection here in Sheffield, never counted them though. Also got a lot of musical in digital format only, along with probably 100 more CDs at my parent's house still (moved out 6ish years ago and not collected everything yet!)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Staff
Community Veteran

Quote from: Jameseh
I can't remember the last time I bought a CD to be honest.  It was probably about 4 or 5 years ago.
I do spend far too much money on iTunes though.

You're the first person I've come across who'll actually happily admit that they buy a lot of music on iTunes. I've spent hundreds on it in the past couple of years, although I don't spend so much on it these days as it's not so great for classical music (although I have bought some classical from it). As a result, my music collection's a bit of everything really. Some CDs, some iTunes, some other downloaded music...
...which, actually, brings me on to wondering something else. Out of everyone's music collections, how much of those collections are actually constituted of legally owned music?
mcgurka
Grafter

*cough* the 22 cd's I own? Im sure the other "donors" paid for it by itunes though...
Community Veteran

...which, actually, brings me on to wondering something else. Out of everyone's music collections, how much of those collections are actually constituted of legally owned music?

Surprisingly, I would say the startling majority of my collection is legitimate.
If I had to put a guesstimate, I would say that probably 150k of my files are legitimate.
B.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Be3G
which, actually, brings me on to wondering something else. Out of everyone's music collections, how much of those collections are actually constituted of legally owned music?

My is 100% legally owned.  Cheesy
mcgurka
Grafter

*shudder* I dont want to think about how much youve spent on that one!