cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nuisance calls

peter10
Grafter

Nuisance calls

I've noticed a steady increase in nuisance phone calls over the last month or so. Most of them seem to come from the USA. Today I've had 4 already. I don't answer them but sometimes a pre-recorded message is left on the answer phone telling me I'm entitled to a grant for this or that.
Has anybody else had an increase in these calls?
I wish there was some way to find out how they got my number. I know it could possibly be random dialling but I also wondered if it could be linked to the eBay hack.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Re: Nuisance calls

I have had a couple which caught me out as I no longer get International Unavailable but the actual USA number
I don't know if there are more from the USA as the total of spam calls hasn't noticeably changed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Don`t get any on the landline........ just had one on my mobile....but it did not have a number showing in the screen, so I just let it ring... after 3 and abit rings it shut off .
Community Veteran

I haven't had any USA nuisance calls, but I am getting far more nuisance calls this year compared to last year.
It's about time that the ICO/OFCOM/Government do something about this as very rarely does action get taken.
Fixes: 125

I get more on my mobile than landline; 2 or 3 a month as opposed to 1 every couple of months. It used to be the other way round til a year or so ago.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I got so fed up with the international spam calls that I bought a call blocker ~18 months ago. I now block all international & withheld calls. Makes it a lot quieter and lowers my bp  Wink I was getting up to 4 an hour!
Fixes: 125

Normally these sort of calls don't phase me but I think 4 an hour would drive me to despair, too Crazy

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

I don't get any on my mobile, and no idea with the landline as we don't use it.