cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Npower Billing

Fixes: 47

Npower Billing

A while ago Npower changed from 3 monthly statements to 6 monthly statements for monthly Direct Debit customers.
I can't say that I was happy with this situation but what was I supposed to do? (answers on a postcard.....)
My latest statement was due on the 13th of August and to date it's not there (it's an online account).
I posted a message on their site on the 12th of September asking where my statement was.
I received a number withheld call this evening which I ignored...as usual.
10 minutes later I received an email from Npower explaining that a statement had been issued on the 31st of August but a fresh statement had been issued today as 'officially taken' meter readings had been received.
Call me cynical but I think no statements had been issued until I queried it.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
15 REPLIES
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Npower Billing

normally on mine (Not Npower) I get an e-mail about 10 days before the event asking me to read the meters - easy to fill in readings on line and it shows the last just to makes sure you dont make a mistake.
I submitted my last one about 22:30.   Then next morning I had a complete PDF bill.  then the stupidity, two days before the said date, up turned a meter reader

I also have online meter reading submission following a reminder email.
I also have a Meter Plus guy calling to read the meters.
I asked Npower about this and they said they needed 'official' readings once a year...they obviously don't trust me Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Strat
I also have online meter reading submission following a reminder email.
I also have a Meter Plus guy calling to read the meters.

Same with E.On,
What I cannot understand Guy read meters, I submitted same reading online (about 10 minutes later).
Three days later the electronic Bill arrives, readings are on the bill as 'Estimates' and clearly wild guesses.
Crazy
nadger
Rising Star

Normally my quarterly email, from E'on, asks me for a reading but last one said not to bother and to allow meter reader access. Needless to say I still submitted reading as I like to control bill date - reader turned up two weeks later.
I do like E'on's site as it gives your current account status when one submits a reading. This has been handy lately whilst we await replacement gas boiler. We've obviously used more electricity and I prefer to make payments to keep account in credit rather than find a greatly increased DD.
Overall I rarely allow readers access as it seems pointless for me to read meter and then allow them them access.  Once a year is, imho, adequate.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

I have recently moved to British Gas electric only no mains gas in our area. What a shambles  Angry
Everything was fine initially nice e-mail of welcome, registered on their website, arranged direct debit and then I waited  Sad
my point of contact was the website, all nice and touchy feely, made me proud to be a BG customer. Until about 2 months later when it just stopped working, not accepting my password, with a message that it had been discontinued because my account had been closed more than 6 months  Huh
So then I look for other ways of contacting my supplier (or are they? how do I know?) Eventually I have use the nuclear option and e-mail the head of Customer Services because non of the relative  departments are contactable because all the useful stuff is the other side of the password.  Smiley
The answer I get is its all the fault of the previous supplier and I and they just have to wait for them. Sounds just like ISPs  Roll eyes
But amazingly three days later everything was fixed.  Roll eyes
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Having just switched from Eon to Npower the latter's web site is a DISASTER. I couldn’t find out what product I was on, enter a FIRST meter reading (as no account no.) etc. Until I got PAPERWORK with the details of my account I could do NOTHING on the site, apart from look at the pretty graphics  Tongue
When I was with Eon, I got an email asking for my meter reading, and a day after submitting them I got a new bill (always using my readings) makes me sad to have left them but the cost was cheaper here  Lips are sealed
It can only get better (can't it?)  Cry

Today I have an online statement, the first since February this year but it's only an amended electricity one....still no gas details....what a mess.
I'm waiting for a call back at the moment Roll eyes
EDIT: Just got off the phone to Julia and received an apology for the mix up but was asked for yet more meter readings and was advised that a paper bill would be sent out to me Shocked
I'm also expecting a PDF attached to an email and an update to the website where my bills are listed Undecided
gswindale
Grafter

British Gas seem to have been fine apart from a few tempory blips with their online service.
Scottish Power were fine as well; but we moved to BG as we got a better deal along with a variable DD rather than fixed monthly payments from Scottish Power.
The original supplier who became part of EDF were appalling.  We spent the best part of a year after moving in trying to get them to activate our account which they couldn't do for various "technical" reasons so we switched in April 06.  Eventually in July/Aug 07 we received a bill addressed to the previous owners of the house requesting several thousand pounds for a period of time that didn't make much sense with our records of who the suppliers had been & who had been in occupation.
Needless to say when I pointed this out to them and reminded them "that if due to no fault of the customer they had failed to bill for 12 months or more they could not recover that debt " they did actually go away.

Npower actually hijacked my gas account years ago.
We were with British Gas when I received a call from Npower asking if we would consider changing our gas supplier to them.
When I said no she asked if she could send me some literature through the post to which I agreed (to get rid of her).
I few days later I received a letter from them thanking me for changing my gas supplier to Npower Huh
As it turned out there was a small saving so I didn't revert to BG.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I'm With Scottish Power and whilst not the cheapest I have been reluctant to switch because of potential problems which others have faced in this forum.
From what I can gather there are so many tariff's available from each provider you would need to be fairly smart to know which was correct for you, assuming you do have the correct tariff I bet it will not be long before either the price changes, the conditions change or both change.
Trying to get the cheapest possible deal means you would change supplier several times a year and face the consequences others have mentioned in this forum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

There are several ways of "getting the lowest price".
I tend to look at the long term, forgoing saving at the moment for a stable bill, so I am on a capped bill. meaning that my payments will remain the same until it runs out, I changed JUST before the last price hike so am paying less now than if I had waited and switched to the "cheapest" now available.
I got a letter saying that the cost had gone up, BUT as I was on a capped service my bill remains the same  Cheesy
The other problem with switching power supplier is the LENGTH of time it takes to switch NEARLY TWO MONTHS, WHYHuh?Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I'm on a capped deal until December 2012 but my bill went up by £10 a month as they claim I will use more, not sure how they arrive at that as I am always in credit but you can bet I will be keeping detailed records of what I use and compare them to what I have used in the last 12 months.

Energy salesmen that knock on my door usually go away when I tell them I'm on an online deal saying they would be unable to beat it.
One guy said so and then went through the comparison process on his tablet to confirm his suspicions. He was right and told me so showing me the figures.

After a conversation with an Npower CSA it appears that my actual usage on gas and electricity was much lower than their estimates.
This apparently is something their systems can't cope with and my bills therefore are having to be manually calculated.
The electricity bill has been done and I'm £174 in credit, the gas bill is in progress.....
Oh...and I changed my tariff mid way through the 6 month period which has further compounded the problem.
Can you believe this Roll eyes