Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now you see it now you don't

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Now you see it now you don't

Hi All
PlusNet has gon in to the magic tricks it's a case of now you see it now you don't, I here you say watt is he on about, Ok wen I sined up with PlusNet you got:
1) unlimited webspace - Watt haz vanished
2) CGI - Watt haz vanished
3) MySQL - Watt haz vanished
4) FrontPage - Watt haz vanished
5) DNS hosting for 3 Domains Free - Watt haz vanished
But on my F9 account I have it all apart from unlimited webspace Watt haz vanished.
PlusNet have charged my £29.38 for DNS hosting for http://www.isit.org.uk
Something fishy going on here!  Sad
24 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Now you see it now you don't

Hi Gary,
If you're talking about your own plusnet account (tdadyslexia) most of the components will have been removed when you cancelled the broadband on that account and downgraded it to dialup. Unfortunately the extras you've listed (apart from unlimited webspace, there are limits to the amount of storage you have and also the amount that can be downloaded from it depending on the account type) are only available on broadband accounts.
Looking at the F9 account I'm not sure how CGI was enabled on here - if you look at the product page at http://www.plus.net/residential/dialup/anytime_feature_list.shtml that account type doesn't offer CGI access either, but if it's there I won't ask any questions.
Hope that helps explain things, though if you had the above items after the downgrade to dialup and they've disappeared since please let me know and I'll look into it for you.
Hope that helps,
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: orbrey
if you had the above items after the downgrade to dialup and they've disappeared since please let me know and I'll look into it for you.

Hi orbrey yes that is watt I am saying.
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Gary,
I've done a bit of digging and am a touch confused - if your plusnet account had unlimited webspace from the start, you would have lost that in 2005 when you changed that account to Anytime Lite which doesn't offer any CGI, MySQL or FrontPage services unfortunately.
With regard to the F9 account, again you'd have lost unlimited hosting in 2002 when that account was changed also. The F9 lite account type (which unfortunately we don't offer any more) does allow CGI, FrontPage and MySQL access but this is all present and correct as things stand.
Hope that clears things up,
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Hi orbrey
I am 95% certain that I was put back on the legacy proct, with ADSL not working on my line at the time, but I am 99.9% certain that CGI, FrontPage and MySQL was on my account.  Huh
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

I have put a link to this topik on ticket # 24167934
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Update from PlusNet
Looking through your account history it appears Frontpage was active in the past but not CCGI or MySQL.

My reply
So I was write that Frontpage was on my account, so can I have it back pleas.
As I said I am 99.9% certain that CGI & MySQL was on as well. As you know I have stuk with you froow thick & fin, and I have been with you for years as well, so can I have them back pleas.

Lets see wat happens next!   Wink
Community Veteran

you would have lost that in 2005 when you changed that account to Anytime Lite which doesn't offer any CGI, MySQL or FrontPage services unfortunately.

Gary, in the past as in prior to you changing your account type.
Your current account does not offer Front Page and never did, so short of upgrading your account there is nothing we can do. We cannot add Front Page to your Anytime Lite product as that component does not exist for that product.

Your product features can be seen in full here Link

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Quote from: Mark
you would have lost that in 2005 when you changed that account to Anytime Lite which doesn't offer any CGI, MySQL or FrontPage services unfortunately.

Are but I did have FrontPage that has been confermd, and as I said I am 99.9% certain that CGI & MySQL was on as well. 
As you know I have stuk with you froow thick & fin, and I have been with you for years as well, so can I have them back pleas.
Community Veteran

Gary,
Mark has already explained clearly that the components were never available for your particular product, and although you might have had frontpage available at one point in the past, it does not necessarily mean that it is available for you now, unless of course, you upgrade your product.
I really don't see how Mark can do anything about it, if the component is not available for your type of account.
Community Veteran

I did have FrontPage that has been confermd

Yes, when you were on a different product, that is correct but not with the Anytime light product.
I'd love to help you on this one but right now I'm out of options.
Your F9 account has it but the PlusNet one doesnt.
When I get in to work on Monday I'll pick up your ticket and show the account history and what is available to you.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Thank you Mark I lookforward to seeing watt you can do.
Have a good weekend.  Wink
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star

Hi Mark any news?
Community Veteran

I've responded to your ticket Gary.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star