cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now wish I hadn't...

Fixes: 125

Now wish I hadn't...

With threads here and elsewhere about old PCs and similar equipment I began reminiscing about my early days of using computers and how I cut my programming teeth on the BBC B+128.
Sadly when I moved from my parents (I lived there for a few months after splitting with the first wife) to live with SWMBO space was extremely limited and decided to throw out the BBC B+ along with an Archimedes A3000. Both working but just didn't have the space.
Now I really regret that decision. There was lots of software, too and some other hardware - all went to the local skip.
Which leads to my question...
What things have you discarded then regretted and wish you still had? Doesn't have to be PC related.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

4 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: Now wish I hadn't...

Considering the state of my loft, throwing stuff out or skipping it would be a blessing.....including 3 BBC Model B's with floppy drives
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
shalom2010
Grafter

Something that I really regret - A qsl card from Radio Atlantis signed by all the staff on the offshore pirate station from 1974 Sad
Community Veteran

We've ditched too much to remember!  Shocked
We filled two large skips when we downsized from 5 beds to 2! Embarrassed
Geoff,
York.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I broke up a car a few years back.. kept loads of bits.. except the ones I'd need further down the line when I bought another identical model that had several bits missing / broken. Silly things like the preamp for the radio aerial... I left in the car I broke along with the steering rack  Roll eyes
Let an atari go a few years back.. shame really as that had a nice processor that I could have used inside it for other things. Gutted. Ah well they're still relatively easy to get on ebay!
I've not really binned anything else really. My parent used to bin my stuff religiously when I was young. They'd go into my room and just start grabbing stuff (much of which I'd acquired to learn from) and dumping it in black sacks on dustbin day. They say parents can make you or break you.. I think you can guess what mine was determined to do  Cry
I'd say my biggest problem is not being able to get rid of stuff. I'm somewhat of a magpie with the "I can do something with that in the future" mentality. The only snag is there's never the funds or parts to complete these numerous projects  Roll eyes In fairness though, quite a lot of broken stuff I've gained from freecycle I've fixed - surround sound system, cordless drill, PCs, monitors.. plus many others.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!