cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now what we going to eat

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 9,805
Thanks: 3,107
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Now what we going to eat

Cauliflower cheese?

Oh my giddy aunt. My Mrs put that in front of me once, never again. 

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Posts: 2,393
Thanks: 856
Fixes: 4
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: Now what we going to eat

I don't eat it either, but if it was a choice of that or snails ...  :rolleyes:

 

 

Edit: link added

Community Veteran
Posts: 2,969
Thanks: 571
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎04-08-2009

Re: Now what we going to eat


@twocvbloke wrote:

@nozzer wrote:

You mean you have never had a delicious cauliflower cheese???? 


 

Such a thing exists? I'm not too sure about that, after all, I tend to avoid eating things that smell worse than what my bottom emits on a regular basis, sulphur dioxide is a very nasty pong y'know... :2funny:


 

@twocvbloke 

It certainly does exist. The wife can create a cauli cheese to die for. In fact I might try and persuade her to make one. :smiley:. The best ones come with diced hot chillis and stilton.

Bung it under the grill after it's thoroughly cooked and toast it until it's bubbly and golden. 

 

 

Community Veteran
Posts: 5,538
Thanks: 1,344
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎06-11-2014

Re: Now what we going to eat


@nozzer wrote:

It certainly does exist. The wife can create a cauli cheese to die for. In fact I might try and persuade her to make one. :smiley:. The best ones come with diced hot chillis and stilton.

Bung it under the grill after it's thoroughly cooked and toast it until it's bubbly and golden. 

 


Problem is it still contains the cauliflower, nasty nasty stuff, and adding stilton to the mix, it'll smell like a well-used public toilet to my nose!!! :2funny:

idonno
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 745
Thanks: 241
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎22-10-2015

Re: Now what we going to eat

@twocvbloke  Now now, nowt wrong with cauliflower. No different to curries, snails, sea urchins etc. You just have to man up! :grin: Now cabbage, I can understand. Hate the stuff. Even lettuce needs a good dollop of salad cream to be edible and they want the world to go vegetarian. Gulp. 

Ever helpful. :grin: Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 9,805
Thanks: 3,107
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Now what we going to eat

I've always regard it as a bit of budget meal that would be served up to the kids if you were short of a few bob. 

I know some families did and it served them well - no pun untended. Surprised though that it's eaten out of choice and not need as although I did try it once it really was not to my taste.

Horses for course as they say and by the way, I cannot stand celery either.

Yuk and double yuk from even the smell of the stuff. 

 

idonno
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 745
Thanks: 241
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎22-10-2015

Re: Now what we going to eat


@Minivanman wrote: Horses for course as they say and by the way, I cannot stand celery either.

Celery, now you're talking. :thumbsup: With a bit of salt down the groove and certainly not cooked. Best eaten as it comes. Love it. I tend to cut the root part off and put the individual stalks in a mug of water to get them to really firm up. One reason I can be seen to be flexing them before I buy. Yum.

Ever helpful. :grin: Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 9,805
Thanks: 3,107
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Now what we going to eat

A jug of water you say?

The Mrs thinks that's a great idea. :wink:

Community Veteran
Posts: 5,538
Thanks: 1,344
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎06-11-2014

Re: Now what we going to eat


@idonno wrote:

@twocvbloke  Now now, nowt wrong with cauliflower.


 

Yes there is, flavourless, smelly, yucky horrible stuff it is... :crazy:

 

I'd much rather have this:

ChickenKebabWraps.jpg

ffox
Pro
Posts: 503
Thanks: 134
Registered: ‎08-06-2011

Re: Now what we going to eat


@idonno wrote: Celery, now you're talking. :thumbsup: With a bit of salt down the groove and certainly not cooked. Best eaten as it comes. Love it. I tend to cut the root part off and put the individual stalks in a mug of water to get them to really firm up. One reason I can be seen to be flexing them before I buy. Yum.

 

One of my RAF friends explained that the the reason we have navels is somewhere to keep the salt when eating celery in bed.

 

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 9,805
Thanks: 3,107
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Now what we going to eat

@twocvbloke 

Nice, although this time last week I was eating smoked wild boar. :thumbsup:

Took all day to cook but it was an amazing bit of meat. 

T'night, warmed up hot and spicy pizza left over from last night which had been given an extra sprinkling of my home grown scotch bonnet chilli flakes - well on my half anyway!

Lovely jubbly.

Community Veteran
Posts: 5,538
Thanks: 1,344
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎06-11-2014

Re: Now what we going to eat

No wild boar round here (just a yawn-inducing bore, which is usually me!), so I just made do with tesco-acquired chicken mini-fillets coated in lemon pepper, garlic & salt, skewered onto steel kebab pokey stick things and cooked over charcoal & basted with honey mustard sauce, it was delicious, it was back in June though, but I was rather pleased with how it all turned out... :cool:

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Posts: 2,393
Thanks: 856
Fixes: 4
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: Now what we going to eat

Whilst browsing the offers in the Tesco Clubcard app on my phone just now I came across a dubious claim in the description for a pack of 6 sausages;

Number of Uses:  3

 

So does that mean 3 servings? Use in 3 recipes? Or the first thing that came into my head, eat them 3 times - err, no thanks!  :grin:

Community Veteran
Posts: 5,538
Thanks: 1,344
Fixes: 3
Registered: ‎06-11-2014

Re: Now what we going to eat

One up, one down and one to polish perhaps? :grin:

Highlighted
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Posts: 9,805
Thanks: 3,107
Fixes: 1
Registered: ‎04-11-2014

Re: Now what we going to eat

Sausage soup is very popular in Poland I'll have you know. :wink: