Did you mean: 

Now what do I do ? ? ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Now what do I do ? ? ?

My Bold and Enlarged lettering !

To:my email address

Content-Type: text/html
X-PN-Virus-Filtered: by PlusNet MXCore (v5.00)
X-PN-Spam-Filtered: by PlusNet MXCore (v5.00)
Subject: Your account has been temporarily locked

X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 140425-1, 25/04/2014),
Inbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Linux ip-68-178-164-216.ip.secureserver.net 2.6.18-028stab107.1 #1 SMP Wed Apr 17 19:10:55 MSD 2013 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I`m really worried, cos I have not got an attachment to click on to tell me what to do.......    Undecided
Should I send them a message asking what to do?   Huh
17 REPLIES
robski1
Rising Star
Fixes: 4

Re: Now what do I do ? ? ?

Hi Shutter, I think it may not be genuine email, I have had one or two similar ones recently. Log into your PayPal account and check the details there. If all is OK forward the email to the PayPal security site. Wink
Fixes: 121

Personally I would email (reply) back to confirm the email address they have for you is correct plus add all other email addresses you own so that you can be sure you don't miss any future communications from them  Cheesy
Of course, robski1's reply may be more appropriate Wink

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Should I send them my account number so that they can be really sure it is my account that has been frozen...  Huh

It may be advisable to send details of your bank account so that any funds pending can be paid in direct while you are waiting for your Paypal account to be unsuspended.  Crazy

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

MrT
Grafter

If the email did not include your name then I believe it is a phishing attempt. Log in to Paypal and check your details there. Click on nothing in that email.
TORPC
Grafter

Do not email them, as I suspect the email addresses are not correct Paypal addresses
However call them on their free-phone number 0800 358 7911 & explain the situation to an official person
[quote= https://www.paypal.com/gb/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/home/?action=callus]Our hours of service:
   8:00 am – 10:00 pm Monday through Friday
   8:00 am – 9:00 pm Saturday;  9:00 am – 9:00 pm Sunday
   For Claims or limitations, hours of service are: 8:00 am – 8:30 pm Monday through Friday; 8:00 am – 6:30 pm Saturday; 9:00 am – 6:30 pm Sunday
Special instructions:
   If you are calling from outside the United Kingdom, use the following phone number: 00353 1 436 9004 (international call charges may apply).
   Freephone from a UK landline. However, costs from mobile may apply and are dependent on the terms of agreement with your network operator.
Community Veteran

@ Mav.... don`t want them to mess with my bank account... but I will include my Gold credit card and ask them to make sure any funds they are holding should be tranferred and they will pay off my balance

That's a good idea Cool

Community Veteran

I think you should take all of your money out of your bank account and meet me at the bus station so I can hold on to it for safe keeping.
nadger
Rising Star

Why not access your Paypal account via your eBay account so you know access is secure.

I just received this email:
Your credit card information has been changed.
On 26 April , 2014, your credit card has been removed from your PayPal account.
You are receiving this email notification because this email address is listed as the administrative contact email for your PayPal account. If you belive this is an error, click the link below, log in to your PayPal account and follow the instructions.
http://www.paypal.com
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response.
Sincerely,
PayPal

No attachment but I do have a link to click on...
Of course, I belive this to be quite legit Cheesy

Fixes: 47

If they've spelled PayPal correctly you can be sure it's genuine Smiley
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation

Thanks for confirming that, Strat. Will click on the link now Wink

Community Veteran

And make sure you enter all your various credit card details.
Just to be thorough it's worth scanning and sending copies of your latest bank statements and utility bills as well. Cheesy