Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now this is one I approve of

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Now this is one I approve of

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10993473
Wheel clampers are to be banned from operating on private land in England and Wales, the government is expected to confirm later.
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Wheel-Clampers-To-Be-Banned-From-Private-Land-To-Tackle-Rogue-Operators-Lynne-Feathersone-Says/Article/201008315689326?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15689326_Wheel_Clampers_To_Be_Banned_From_Private_Land_To_Tackle_Rogue_Operators%2C_Lynne_Feathersone_Says
6 REPLIES
thisoldman
Grafter

Re: Now this is one I approve of

oh for once  i fully endorse Oldjims sentiments. Did you see story about a nuse who was visiting a patient in her home, fined 350£ for parking despite having a medical priority card on her windscreen
Community Veteran

Agreed Jim, this really should have been done some time ago, like it was in Scotland  Grin - it's been illegal here for sometime.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Looks like quite a lot of "clamping businesses" will be going out of business, due to their actions being clamped by the government.....
However, some will still remain, because ...... What is the definition of "private land" ?  e.g. If I go to a certain"Fabric Store" where I live, they have a carpark at the rear, for use by customers.... If I then nip across the road, into the cafe for a cuppa, before returning to my car,  is my car now parked on private land? ....  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

I think that private land in this context is anywhere which isn't a public highway or council owned land
Community Veteran

The minister was interviewed by James Whale on LBC this morning.  I think it's a good move.  Some people had been charged up to £450 to get their car released. 
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Clamping should be properly regulated not banned. What are landowners supposed to do now to deter motorists who consider anyone's property a free car park?