Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now the Election is Over......

Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Now the Election is Over......

i dont think it was a Vote for JC Roll_eyes , was more of a vote against May Thumbs_Up

TBH there wasnt a lot of choice 19059130_817122335109118_7346686895140600926_n.jpg

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

@Jonpe

"It was mentioned on TV a few days ago that the Queen will travel to Parliament by car for the opening and won't wear a crown.  Does anyone know why?"

Yes, it's on loan to TM so she can be attractive to the DUP - those über loyalists royalists just love that sort of thing Wink

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@nozzer

To be fair, problems such as those you mention are on most peoples minds at around that level, even those who voted Tory.

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@rongtw

The Labour party would have stormed it if they had given out rose coloured glasses to them all! 

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 44

@Jonpe wrote:

It was mentioned on TV a few days ago that the Queen will travel to Parliament by car for the opening and won't wear a crown.  Does anyone know why?

I didn't know that @Jonpe - but my guess is that as HM is now getting on a bit, riding in a very uncomfortable coach and climbing in and out of it, and wearing a very heavy crown is getting a bit much.

John
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 2

well less chance of the nhs being privatised with the tories in charge especially if we actually get a hard brexit

labour started privatising it under EU harmonisation guidelines long before they bailed out the banks and bailed out the privatised rail networks.... if we manage to stave off the deluded commie nobs for long enough we might just see the tories undo all the damage they inflicted to the NHS, but I doubt it if for no other reason than all those indoctrinated students fervently believe that we need the EU to help implement equality of outcome (all poor and suffering) rather than equality of opportunity, and that means not getting rid of all the superfluous quango's 

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@jab1

"Getting on a bit"

Blimey, that's an understatement.

They have retirement/nursing homes for actors and such like, so why none for these 'royals'.   

Smiley

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 44

Probably because someone would say they were getting 'special treatment' they could afford to pay for.Wink

John
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman

Of course, but those were the most important reasons people voted the way they did according to exit polls. The percentages are the proportion of people who cited those reasons. So only 14% thought Brexit was sufficiently important to persuade them to vote for the candidate they voted for.

Highlighted
Pro

@nozzer

which is funny cos corbyns manifesto website laid out his plans that the NHS was going to move into co-operative "alternative ownership" scam under state appointed regional oligarchs to provide for the local community based on a priority system, and at the same time he was going to make it impossible for the average person to achieve any kind of healthcare insurance meaning it would transition from being a public healthcare system to a privatised one that doesn't provide for the average citizen .... pretty much how the Russian and Chinese systems work....

Highlighted
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

do you mean this Labour Party ?18740369_1549280508439152_9072818294506997270_n.jpg

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Highlighted
Community Veteran

@rongtw  I think you are mistaken. I'm sure Tony Blair read the Lisbon Treaty very carefully to ensure the UK was sold out with no loop holes.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonpe wrote:

It was mentioned on TV a few days ago that the Queen will travel to Parliament by car for the opening and won't wear a crown.  Does anyone know why?

The BBC News website says "The reduction in pomp is being blamed on time pressures and the need to rehearse properly." That and the fact that there'll be another election before the year is out.

Highlighted
Pro

@AlaricAdair wrote:

@rongtw  I think you are mistaken. I'm sure Tony Blair read the Lisbon Treaty very carefully to ensure the UK was sold out with no loop holes.

that sounds pretty accurate tbh 

but his party didn't bother to read the document they just voted yes because the glorious leader said it was all good....

Highlighted
Pro

@notinmyname wrote:

@Jonpe wrote:

The BBC News website says "The reduction in pomp is being blamed on time pressures and the need to rehearse properly." That and the fact that there'll be another election before the year is out.

the bbc spews a lot of drivel, she's doing it without the crown because the damn thing weighs several kilo's and she doesn't want to break her neck or suffer a strain from wearing it, indeed such concerns should be ignored and she should either step down or do the job, the point of the crown being so heavy is that only those worthy of the title will be able to handle it and if she's no longer able to handle it then god will sort things out, and yes I know she's a lovely old lady who's done great things for this country but perhaps its time she handed things over to a younger guy to play face man whilst she sits behind him and continues to be the stabilising force needed by the nation at this time rather than making excuses for why she wont be dressing the part anymore