cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now that is resolution

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Now that is resolution

Canon have produced a 250 Megapixel sensor.  You might just need to upgrade your disk drives on your PC to store those photo's.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Now that is resolution

As the article points out this is likely to be of use in commercial settings only.
I guess most full frame cameras gain nothing from going above 20 megapixels
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The USA forces have sensors that contain billions of pixels - the last i heard of was 2Gigapixels.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Sounds in the night "Thwop Thwop Thwop...." Yes Sir would  you mind stepping into this black helicopter..."
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
nanotm
Pro

but those are multi ccd not single ccd imagers and most of them don't operate in the visible light spectrum....
anything over 20mp ccd was in the past useless down to processing time and inherent noise generation in the pixel sensors or so I read in a very long paper on the subject explaining such matters in great depth, it was why the first few years of digital imaging were purely for happy snappers rather than professionals who couldn't accept the degraded image quality until the business matured and started to produce similar image quality before it surpassed itself, of course very telling is that where some years back everything had a 20mp ccd and produced really good images the majority of devices in recent years are based on either 5 or 12 mp ccd's that use interpolation to reach the higher resolutions listed on the box yet the devices have gotten more expensive year on year .....
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you