cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now lawyers join calls to stop taxman raiding our bank accounts: (Draconian)

TORPC
Grafter

Now lawyers join calls to stop taxman raiding our bank accounts: (Draconian)

[quote= http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2735279/Now-lawyers-join-calls-stop-taxman-raiding-bank-accounts-Law-Society-calls-plans-draconian.html]Lawyers last night joined calls for the taxman not to be allowed to seize money directly from bank accounts.
Building societies, accountants and small firms have already questioned whether HM Revenue and Customs can be trusted with the powers when it has a record of making mistakes.
The Law Society went further by branding the debt recovery proposals as ‘draconian and regressive’.
AFAIAC (As Far As I Am Concerned)
The only body that should be able to seize your account is the courts (under reasonable suspicion, like fraud etc)
The taxman (not a  politically correct term these days (taxperson)) should not have any access whatsoever
Would you trust a builder that is well known for making mistakes to build your house ?Huh
Same goes for the taxperson
3 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Now lawyers join calls to stop taxman raiding our bank accounts: (Draconian)

that's a rather old story, and the only reason all those overpaid types are now crying is there on the radar for such seizures which worries them greatly after all those years of such barely legal tax loopholes .........
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Re: Now lawyers join calls to stop taxman raiding our bank accounts: (Draconian)

A plea. 
I really prefer to read my own news sources to stay in touch with events and do not need a "News nanny" to pre-select items I 'should' read
If there is some particular item that really needs highlighting then OK, but far too many posts on Topics I've already forgotten.

Ta.
Maurice
Community Veteran

Quote from: TORPC
The only body that should be able to seize your account is the courts (under reasonable suspicion, like fraud etc)

That's so true that the only way to take anything by force legally should be through the courts.