cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 5th

johpal
Grafter

November 5th

So, November 5th. Went to google.co.uk, expecting to see fireworks and found "40th Anniversery of Sesame Street...  Sad
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: November 5th

That's on Google.co.uk but there's nothing at all different on their .com site.  maybe there will be something once they wake up Wink
scootie
Grafter

and why did Robert Catesby want to kill king james ?
makes me laugh that people spend so much money on fireworks but dont actualy know there celabrating the fact the catholic uprising they planed failed
johpal
Grafter

I thought it was the failure of the Catholic uprising we were celebrating?
Is Sesame Street still around? I used to watch it as "Sesam Straat" in the Netherlands, when I was learning Dutch and again in Saudi Arabia. as "Isfayah ZimZim" (sorry if the transliteration isn't correct) when I was learning Arabic. It does have its uses, but I prefer fireworks and burning effigies! Much more fun.
Look, I don't have many vices...  Wink
scootie
Grafter

yeah but why do catholics also celbrate this day  Huh
nadger
Rising Star

Cos they'd get a rocket if they didn't  Roll eyes
johpal
Grafter

@Asbo Dog
Not being a Catholic, I can't answer!
I work in a hospital; my department never closes. However, I notice that few people, of any ethnic background, want to accept appointments between Christmas and New Year. Perhaps everybody wants to just enjoy the fun, without thinking too seriously about origins? I've also never known a child refuse chocolate at Easter; now where did that come from?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I am just enjoying some tasted Hot Cross Buns, but still that big store does have Jewish origins Shocked
nadger
Rising Star

That comment isn't really kosher  Wink
Salt beef sandwich, anyone  Roll eyes
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Thought  the Sainsbury Family I think have Methodist origins and they are also selling Hot Cross Buns
scootie
Grafter

There mass profit companys that would sell there own mum to make the spread sheets look good..
Am on about the single catholic person that goes to a bonfire to celibrate one of there own  past members being burnt.
At what point did fireworks come in to it as the very first celibations just use to be a bonfire with poor old guy fawkes being burnt.
and for the recored it wasnt guy faweks idea, he was x miltary and just knew where to get it and how to handle gun powder
Fixes: 121

I was explaining  to my wife who is Ukrainian a little about Guy Fawkes night when it dawned on me...
How many other countries actually celebrate a failure?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Americans, when they elected Bush? Lips are sealed
scootie
Grafter

there not. it was the protestant's celebrating the plot being uncovered hence the burning of guy fawkes on a bonfire
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

How many other countries actually celebrate a failure?

Depends which way you look at it, but "How many other countries celebrate a terrorist attack"